Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Another timing chain thread

I've been looking at melling kit but im so worried about getting screwed by a online retailer.
  2. W

Another timing chain thread

Glad I found this thread. I need to do the same and want to go with motorcraft because of the same reason you did, counterfeit. Do you still have the list of all the parts you replace in your engine? Timing parts, gaskets etc... I'm planning on replacing all the gaskets, hoses and upgrading...
  3. W

WTB 5th generation explorer wheel spacers

Looking to buy a set of 1" and .75" wheel spacer for my 2017 explorer. Let me know what you got.
  4. W

Are 22"s too big?

I looked at the aftermarket wheel thread but didn't see much there, is there a specific thread for members with 22"s? Could you guys post pics of the with specs? Thanks.
  5. W

My 2016 Explorer Sport - Project Wanderlust

Would be awesome to get a set of those fender flares.
  6. W

3.5 NA reliability

Hi guys, was reading a thread on Facebook about issues with both 3.5 engines but I'm more interested in the NA as it's what I have. I bought my 2017 xlt with the 3.5l NA and I came to the forum and ask about the new explorer but never read about engine issues. I sold my 2015 kia optima sxl with...
  7. W

Low temp after water pump replacement ford exlorer

I didn't as I replaced the thermostat sometime ago and it was a pita. Should I anyway? I knew I had to replace the wp as it was getting noisy but I was doing a flush to the system and had water in it, unfortunately I was out of town and a freeze came to the area and it started and git some...
  8. W

Will do that tomorrow, thanks for replying.
  9. W

Ok guys I just replace the water pump, to my surprise the impeller separated completely from the pump shaft and that was my overheating issue but now after I replaced the pump I'm having the opposite. The engine temp is way to low, when I switch from AC to heater it heats but not much, I'm sure...
  10. W

Cooling system leak help

Forgot to add a picture I was able to take. You can see a spray of water and it hits the firewall.
  11. W

Cooling system leak help

Well, it looks like it is the freeze plug as I was able to tuck it and felt like one, I was able to use a mirror and a light and noticed is in a horizontal position an not vertical, also noticed like 3 threaded holes around it, like to hook up a water line or something, I saw 2 spots in there...
  12. W

Cooling system leak help

I have a 99 explorer with the 4.0, I was doing a cooling system flush a while back and was out of town when a freeze came to our area, luckily the block didn't crack but I noticed it was missing a freeze plug in the passenger side, I put one back and added some water but found a leak in the...
  13. W

My blacked out Explorer

I have a xlt and I would like to remove all the chrome pieces (lift gate, all 4 doors) is there any write up on how to? I also want to paint the 2 gray pieces in the front and rear bumper but imInot sure if they can be removed without taking the whole bumpers apart. Thanks in advance.
  14. W

Wheel Spacers

What did you ended up with?
  15. W

Wheel Spacers

Where is the cheapest place to buy quality wheel spacers/adapters? I would like to go 1"in the back and .75"
  16. W

Blind spot mirror

That actually doesn't look bad at all. I would like to find something that looks as factory as possible.
  17. W

Blind spot mirror

Thanks guys, I was trying to avoid the stick on style but it looks like that would be my only option. Is there anything specific you guys suggest, would like to get a set of quality mirror stick on as most of the ones I've seen look like plastic and very thick and the image is all distorted...
  18. W

Blind spot mirror

My xlt came with bliss but doesn't have the small blind spot mirror and I was wondering if the piece of mirrors (glass) can be replace with an oem or aftermarket mirror with the integrated blind spot and bliss. We use an aftermarket round mirror that we put in our old explorer and use it all the...
  19. W

Few questions ???

As some of you know I just purchased a new 2017 xlt with the 3.5l and I was reading the sticker window I noticed that it's a flex fuel and realized that I don't have the flex fuel badge in the liftgate, which I don't really care as most probably it would be something I would remove anyway, but I...
  20. W

Exterior lower door trim removal

I'm planning in doing is this along with the one in the liftgate and the chrome pieces from the grille, we you able to figure it out?
  21. W

2017 MY Running Boards

I just ordered the facrtory running boards for our 2017 xlt and I would like to know if I can put factory splash guards with the factory running boards, at least up front, i know back ones aren't an issue. Thanks.
  22. W

Window Tinting

I'm planning on getting the windows tinted and I'm looking at llumar ceramic and suntek ceramic for the front windows as I would like to protect the interiors from uv rays but now I'm wondering even though the back ones are dark if I should get the clear ones in the back for the uv protection...
  23. W

Looking to buy a 2017 Explorer

Will definitely do that tonight, I totally forgot about it. Thanks.
  24. W

Looking to buy a 2017 Explorer

I was looking at the Ford website last night and It looks like they only offer one color, I think the one from eBay aren't factory ones, they say it's license by ford but they aren't original. I'm heading to our local for dealer and try to find out about the color. Thanks
  25. W

Hood lettering question

Most probably I'll go with the oem as I found an internet dealer that have everything I want.
Back