Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Owners with kids: Child seat question

Well??? If that's the case, can you squeeze 2 car seats on the "60" portion of the seat?
  2. B

Thanks Brian. I could have sworn that the middle bench was 60/40, but I'll obviously take your word on it. It's a frustrating decision because we won't be using the 3rd row very often and my wife would sometimes like to sit with the kids in the 2nd row. At the same time, it's going to take an...
  3. B

Hey guys, My wife and I have twin boys and I'm wondering if it's possible to connect 2 child seats side by side on the 2nd row bench? By hooking up both car seats on the "60" cushion of the 60-40 bench, rear seat passengers would be able to access the 3rd row pretty easily. If this isn't...
  4. B

Real world MPG. How are your '06 & '07s?

Need some real world MPG numbers. I'm also considering the new Chevy Tahoe, but I've heard that they're barely getting 13-15mpg. I don't expect miracles with big rigs, but I live in rural WA state and do mainly highway driving. I'd like to at least get in the upper teens. How are you...
  5. B

How reliable is the Explorer?

My wife and I had twin boys 8 months ago, and my nifty little Infiniti G35 sedan suddenly became VERY SMALL. I'm looking at the Ford Explorer, but as someone who is new to Ford, I'm leary of the reliability ratings that I've been reading about. On the other hand, a shortcoming of consumer...
  6. B

Considering a New 2007 XLT

I too am considering an XLT with Ironman package. I've never been a huge Ford fan, but I tip my hat to them for going against the norm and offering an impressive option package (ironman) on their "low end" trim model. 18" rims leather heated seats etc. You can CURRENTLY get a V8XLT with...
  7. B

Would love more interior pics/feeback..

Thanks CWE I'm participating in discussion threads with you on the Pathfinder boards as well. I really like the Explorer.
  8. B

Would love more interior pics/feeback..

Does anyone have the 2-tone leather with the suede inserts? How is the NAV working out for you? Do you like it? I'd to see some close-ups of the leather quality. Pics of the middle / rear rows would be helpful. What's the aux. climate control for? Thanks guys. Like I...
  9. B

Favor to ask of 2006 owners...

Can you guys provide periodic updates on gas mileage, the new 6-sp transmission, rattles & squeaks, and other issues? As I mentioned on the other board, my wife and I are expecting twins in March, and I'm looking to pick up an Explorer in the summertime. The only think I'm waiting for...
  10. B

Differences between XLT and Eddie Bauer?

Don't take this the wrong way Eddie Bauer owners, but I'm not a fan of the Pueblo Gold fender trim on that model. Perhaps that's because I like the Redfire color and they don't seem to match very well? Can you "load up" an XLT to the point where it's "just about" the same as the Eddie...
  11. B

How many miles will an explorer go for?

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've heard about the 2002 models being somewhat problematic, and I'm slightly concerned about the 2006 model and "new" 6-sp transmission. Either way, if you look at automobile models historically, they tend to improve every year they're out. The explorer is no...
  12. B

How many miles will an explorer go for?

We've all heard about the dreaded reliability reports concerning the Explorer. Transmission problems, electrical malfunctions, and even safety related problems have hurt the Explorers reputation in the National media. With that said, it's still the #1 selling SUV for 15 consecutive years which...
  13. B

MAD @ my 2006 XLS Sport

She has every right to be upset. It's become the norm when you buy an American car to "expect" problems with them. I've purchased 3 consecutive Japanese cars and not once have I had any trouble, and I mean ANY trouble. We're talking about over 350K miles here folks. I'm not here to bag...
  14. B

Extended Warranty advice...

You also have to remember that part of what you're paying for is piece of mind. Any type of insurance "could" be considered a waste of money. Is earthquake insurance worth it? How about term life insurance? Or maybe the biggest statistical waste of money, a home security system. 98% of...
  15. B

Opinions on the Nav system?

I promise that this will be my last "stupid thread" of the night. :) My wife and I just found out last week that we'll be having TWINS in 5 months. Good grief! So it's time to trade in my 2005 Infiniti G35 for a big rig. On one hand it bums me out, but on the other hand I've always wanted...
  16. B

V6 or V8???

My reason for posting this has more to do with Ford's lousy reputation for transmission problems. I would love to get the V8, but not if there have been widespread reports of transmission issues. It's sometimes "dangerous" to purchase any first generation product. Thanks though, the 6-sp...
  17. B

V6 or V8???

I thought the 4.6L was a new 6-speed tranny?
  18. B

V6 or V8???

I'm sure it's been asked a million times over, but I'm having difficulty choosing the engine size. I live in the Seattle area and travel over the mountains a fair amount. 4x4 (AWD) is a must, but I don't expect to do a lot of towing. From what I understand, the V6 gets only slightly better...
  19. B

V6 or V8??? What are the advantages?

Hi everyone, Like I mentioned in my previous post, I'm strongly considering purchasing a new (2004) Explorer for my travels up here in Seattle. I can make the trim level choice on my own, but I'm wondering what the key differences are between the V6/V8 engines. I won't be doing much towing...
  20. B

Why should I buy an Explorer? Which one?

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some perspective from other SUV owners as to why I should consider purchasing a Ford Explorer. I'll briefly explain my driving habits and what I'm looking for, and hopefully you can "steer" me in a certain direction. I'm a married (no kids) outside sales rep...
Back