Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

15-35% mileage increase

my long time affair with spaying lacquer on cabinets led me to use 3 to 4 oz. of lacquer thinner (a mix of toulene benzine acetone and ?) in my truck. It didnt make it go faster however it did run smoother especially in winter. the truck had a carb not injectors. I think it only cleaned the gas...
  2. D

Help with Codes

Hi po 715 turbin shaft speed sensor circuit po 733 gear three incorrect ratio po 734 gear four incorrect ratio po 741 torque converter clutch solenoid circuit performance or stuck off po 1000 OBDsystems readiness test not complete there are a couple of guys on here that can maybe help you...
  3. D

When does the warranty start??

the dealerships look for the manufacture date stamp on the vehicle to determine the warranty start date.. unless your state has made an exception ...
  4. D

4wd, snow driving questions

I have to agree with Telfords post. Do not let air out of your tires . with loose snow or compacted snow on Paved Steets. Reducing pres. does flex the sidewalls too much, and with low pressure you have less traction as the tire cups up in the center pushing the high treads together. With...
  5. D

what wax to use?

wax is the stuff on the top and sides of wine bottles with a flame on top... mood lighting.
  6. D

Valve body headache!!! Need advice 11/18/04

for my nickle's worth I would say the dealer screwed up . I would resist paying the bill. and ask to talk to owner of the dealership and remind him that the insurance company is on your side in this ... your may have to pay the bill to get your car back but dont let it stop there .. you may...
  7. D

Is this a good vaccuum line to do sea foam??? SEE PICTURE

Brian I dont know the answer either however I was wondering the same thing,I have the v8 and that looks like a good spot. Lets hope someone who knows sees this post..
  8. D

How Does Your Explorer Handle?

WOW! A whole quarter inch of snow!! We have more frost thicker than that. a quarter yard of snow is what we call snow.... :) Happy Halloween .
  9. D

new timing chain?

code 0416 is listed on fords trouble code definitions as "Secondary air injection switching valve B circuit open" . but that is listed as an obd 2 code
  10. D

new timing chain?

code 0416 is listed on fords trouble code definitions as "Secondary air injection switching valve B circuit open" . good luck fixing it......
  11. D

01 v8 awd Pinging with strange code

well the dealer didnt call back. So I cleared the codes out and took the x up the longest steepest hill I could find and just floored it up the hill and it didnt ping. I made some stops on the way home and checked the codes each time. The code that comes up now is P1000 "OBD systems readiness...
  12. D

Great I like that idea.. hopefully Ford will call me back with that kind of news...
  13. D

Thanks Smiley1 I was going to try seafoam . I am trying to find out how i continue to get a code of p1300, which the ford code book says is a "boost calibratrion fault for diesels". I have reset it an it always comes back.
  14. D

Hi I am new to posting however I have been lurking for months and I must say I like most of the advice.... I bought the x with 32k miles and it pings when you go up hills in high gear. so I pulled the codes and I got a koeo p1300. It is there any time after you drive it for a short time but...
Back