Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

2010 Eddie Bauer - Cranks, But Won't Start

So back in March I traded in my 2005 Sport Trac toward a 2010 Explorer, 4.0. The truck has been great these last few months, up until the other day when I parked at Walmart. I parked the car, went in, shopped for 20min or so, came back out and the car would not start. It cranks easily, but will...
  2. C

Transmission Causing Loud Fan?

Hey guys. I'm at a loss for what may be wrong with my 2005 Sport Trac. When I start the truck, the radiator fan just starts wailing for a few seconds. After about a minute, it will calm down, then go back to normal. It will remain normal for about 20 minutes, but as soon as the truck is warmed...
  3. C

Installing New Valve Body - HELP!

Hey guys. So I have a 2WD, 2005 Sport Trac. The truck has been having numerous transmission issues, and I was told by a Ford Mechanic that it is likely due to one or more issues with the valve body, or solenoids. So, I decided to just replace them both to make sure the issue is solved. I...
  4. C

Transmission Swap/Replacement Question

Hey guys. I have a 2005 Sport Trac with 113k miles on it, and am having the same issue that everyone has around this mileage - the transmission is going out. The issues with these transmissions is, among other things, an issue with the housing. I have seen people that have made fix-kits for...
  5. C

2003 sport trac started shaking softly about a month ago

I had nearly all of your same problems a few months back. Simply changing the plugs fixed the rough idling. It's a heck of a job on these trucks though. If you haven't change your transmission fluid already, I'd recommend taking it to a shop and getting that done. When I did that, it solved the...
  6. C

2005 Sport Trac - 20MPG (City)!

Prior to these mods, my personal experience with completely filling the tank is that I would consistently get about 1-2MPG less when it's filled (about 13-14). However, when only adding about 5 or so gallons, I would almost always get about 16. 17 if the weather was right. I haven't filled the...
  7. C

Filling the tank will absolutely ruin your fuel economy. Probably why most people are getting 13-14, like you mentioned. Never fill the tank if your goal is to get good fuel economy.
  8. C

I ran the tank completely empty. Checked the tank for residual fuel, but there was none. I then added exactly 1 gallon of gas, then ran until empty again. The odometer said that I got a few miles above 20. Assuming that was just residual gas in the fuel lines/engine, I was left with...
  9. C

Finally completed my 2 year quest to break 20+MPG in my 05 Sport Trac! On the last tank, I got just over 20MPG, with only city driving, and the truck currently has about 110K miles on it. Thought some of you guys may be interested, so I'll detail everything I did below. - drilled holes in air...
  10. C

Click/Crunch When Turning

Finally got it figured out. SoCal2V - my first thought was ball joints too, but they all seem fine. It appears to be a bad sway bar link on the passenger side. It lost (at least) one bushing - even though they were replaced less than a year ago. I believe the links are still under warranty...
  11. C

Click/Crunch When Turning

Hey guys. I'm completely new to DIY repairs, so please excuse me if I don't know the correct terminologies and whatnot. Anyway, I'm having an issue where, when I turn, I'm feeling and hearing a loud pop that feels like it's coming from the wheels. This happens on the left wheel when turning...
Back