Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Ridiculous parts prices?

And I was mad about a $512 passenger front window.
  2. B

So This Happened

Naw, I've been jonesing for a 4door wrangler since they came out. Plus I can add two more seats in the cargo and carry everyone in the biggest convertible on the road (4kids). But I am debating on what to do with the explorer. Maybe trick it out and keep the jeep mostly stock. It is a nice ride...
  3. B

Is my explorer just really rare?

Thanks a bunch. I think I will try doing that mod with a switch, auto could be useful in the Georgia winters when ice might show up unannounced. I really don't understand not being able to use 2wd.
  4. B

Yep, that's it. It quite annoying when pops harsh. Sorry I sounded an idiot but my book that's basically awd.
  5. B

It does have a knob, but it doesn't have 2wd. And whenever the back slips it kicks in. I can't spin out in the dirt driveway. Started up a wet grass hill and the front kicked in. I expected it like my grand Cherokee to be 2wd in normal mode or whatever it says.
  6. B

So This Happened

I just picked one up (not as pretty as that) for $600 because they couldn't figure out it had a bad wheel bearing. I only got it so I'd have a vehicle till I can buy a jeep. Now I can't decide if I want to get it fixed a little and sell or keep it and keep it up for my son in 8 years. Only has...
  7. B

I've got a 2000 XLT 4.0 SOHC AWD. Whenever I go to parts stores or online and say it's awd and v6 they say nope gotta be a v8 or just 4wd. So is this just an oddball or what?
  8. B

Quick question about keyless entry

Both my front doors unlock when you pull the interior door handles and my rear door locks have taller locks with an indention to grab.
  9. B

WHY so loyal to Ford Explorer?

About a month ago I bought my explorer from a girl in college, 3rd owner but she got it from her cousin who's dad bought it from hertz in '01 so he knew the whole history. Picked it up for $600 because it had a groan at driving speed that they said two mechanics couldn't figure out. So I came...
  10. B

2000 XLT clunking with light braking.

I've double checked the caliper brackets and mounts, all tight. I did hear muy rear right pad start squealing this morning on the way to work those will be done Friday. I did find this today changing the oil.
  11. B

Not sure if this matters but wanted to add that, for whatever reason, the front tires are wrangler a/t's and the rear are passenger/regular. All in good shape, girl was at uga and only drove home once or twice a month so all tread is about 90%.
  12. B

I've been lurking a while on.here to determine some issues with this explorer I picked up for $600 because it had a loud roaring from the front when driving and they didn't know why and said a mechanic couldn't tell them either. The noise would stop when turning right and after a few look...
Back