Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Alignment repair & issues/concerns

About a year ago I took my 2017 XLT in to my local Ford dealership for an alignment fix, as the car was pulling to the right and the steering wheel had to be held slightly off-centre in order to drive straight down the road. When I picked up the car and saw the invoice, I learned that the...
  2. F

towing package myths ??

Do you mean you're seeing the rear "hidden-cover" fascia when you visit that link, or just the hitch itself with the black bezel around the hole? The cover fascia I'm referring to is part # GB5Z-17K835-BA. This is very different to the hole bezel offered with GB5Z-19D520-C. You can see the...
  3. F

towing package myths ??

Found the hidden cover fascia part number in an old email to my dealer, but WWW says it's for the '16: GB5Z-17K835-BA Wouldn't it be the same part for a '17?
  4. F

towing package myths ??

Does anyone know if there's an easy way to find out which parts you need to install the OEM towing package? It seems there's lots of varying information when it comes to transmissions (50 or 55), cooling systems, radiators, axle ratios, part numbers, etc. When we bought our '17 XLT, none of the...
  5. F

Snow Driving

I got a couple photos before we started shovelling. XLT: Jetta:
  6. F

Snow Driving

Didn't try Normal, actually, but there's a stretch of lawn next to our driveway that I'll go through to see if there's a difference. I'm only about 30 mins north of London and know that they did get quite a bit (this area is called the Snow Belt, after all), but since they plow and salt heavily...
  7. F

Snow Driving

Hey folks! Another year, another winter! Just wanted to add my own personal EX-perience... We're out here in rural South-Western Ontario with a 17 XLT AWD and Arctic Claw winter tires (2nd to none in terms of performance/price). Last night we got about 50cm of snow-fall on top of the ~20cm...
  8. F

2017 Explorer - Rust on dash frame

@schade - There is rust on some parts of the welds, check the close-up. Would Red Oxide primer come off as dusty residue when wiped?
  9. F

@schade - Rust-coloured weld through primer? This wouldn't come off the workpiece as rust-coloured dust, I'm pretty sure.
  10. F

Thanks for all the responses - this sure set my mind at ease. @peterk9: I'm pretty sure it's rust - when I ran my finger over it, there was some red dust powder on my finger. Wouldn't welding leave black/grey/white powder?
  11. F

Thanks, Reserved50, your explanation makes total sense to me! Is there any point in trying to clean this rust or apply anything to protect it from rusting further? I was also thinking I could go back to the dealer, point to this rust and claim the module isn't working (I know it isn't), but...
  12. F

So the first mod on my new 2017 XLT was to install a front+rear dashcam. The installation was pretty straightforward, although the fuse box under the dash was just a nightmare, and I'm still feeling stiffness in my neck, back, and abdomen from bending under the dash to get to it! Anyway, the...
  13. F

Hi, I'm new here!

Thank you BrooklynBay! I was thinking the first mod would be adding the Class III trailer hitch, since I will need to be able to tow smaller trailers (U-Haul moving trailer, bikes, etc). I'm pretty sure this wouldn't void the warranty.
  14. F

Hi, I'm new here!

Hello all, Purchased a new 2017 Explorer XLT a few weeks ago, and I love it to bits! Spent a lot of time browsing the forums here before and after purchasing, and have now decided to become a member. I'm an avid DIYer and techie, and fully intend to explore any interesting mod options I come...
Back