Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

28 to 31 spline swap Ranger

Thought about it. Don't feel like having to modify anything. I beleive you would have to change the master cylinder as well for the disc brakes. Not to mention the explorer axle is longer than the Ranger. If it was narrower, than I would consider. Good advice though.
  2. D

Your absolutly right, not going to work. Only way is to buy custom axles$$ I am going to stick with the 28 spline. Now I am stuck with 31 spline carrier and truck axles. Wonder if I could buy 28 spline side gears and put them in my 31 spline carrier? Doubt it would be that easy, but you...
  3. D

Hello, began today swapping from 28 to 31 spline in my 2wd 96 Ranger, when we encounterd a problem. I bought 31 spline track lock and 3.55 from explorer, picked up 31 spline axles as well, beleive from f-150 maybe from explorer don't recall. Noticed the 8.8 ulitimate ford racing install kit I...
  4. D

5.0l egr/vacuum routing

Thanks for the response. The stock lines are non existant, as this is in a 96 Ford Ranger. I bought the truck with the install allready, now just fixing the little odds and ends. The egr was not even hooked up. This is how I did it, tee off of the FPR to the bottom of the egr regulator, than...
  5. D

5.0l egr/vacuum routing

Well I don't have a vacuum distrubutor, so I teed it off the fuel pressure regulator. Anyone have any input?
  6. D

5.0l egr/vacuum routing

Hello, I need a little help on figuring the vacuum routing for the egr to the evr solenoid on my '96 5.0. Right now the main vacuum line to the egr valve is connected, but I noticed the smaller vacuum port did not have a hose on it, nor did either of the ports to the evr solenoid. I beleive that...
  7. D

Explorer tuning options

Anyone? Probaly just do sct I guess
  8. D

Explorer tuning options

Hello all, new to the boards here. What I am looking for is tuning options for the 96 5.0 explorer motors. I have one in a Ranger and need to tune/turn off some things(egr). I know all about AEM and SCT pro racer etc.... What I am realy looking for is if someone modified a tweecer to work with...
Back