• Register Today It's free!

5.0l egr/vacuum routing

disranger

Reaction score
City, State
Mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Ranger
Hello, I need a little help on figuring the vacuum routing for the egr to the evr solenoid on my '96 5.0. Right now the main vacuum line to the egr valve is connected, but I noticed the smaller vacuum port did not have a hose on it, nor did either of the ports to the evr solenoid. I beleive that the open port on the egr valve should go to the evr solenoid and the other port on the solenoid goes to intake vacuum. One I don't now witch port goes were on the solenoid or were the line goes to for intake vacuum from the solenoid, or at least were is "should" go. If I have this wrong please let me know, TIA. :)

:edit: I may have found were it goes, looks like its suppose to go to a vacuum distrbutor.

Well I don't have a vacuum distrubutor, so I teed it off the fuel pressure regulator. Anyone have any input?

Hello

Okay the factory upper intake has a T line that come off the back of it, a red lead and a white lead. One goes to the fuel pressure regualtor, the other to the EGR valve on the 96.
The EGR pressure valve gets the vacuum line first, then it goes to the top of the EGR sensor.

On your 96 the rest of the EGR connections are made internally inside the intake manifold.....

I hope this helps, what happened to the stock lines? break/missing?

410Fortune said:
Hello

Okay the factory upper intake has a T line that come off the back of it, a red lead and a white lead. One goes to the fuel pressure regualtor, the other to the EGR valve on the 96.
The EGR pressure valve gets the vacuum line first, then it goes to the top of the EGR sensor.

On your 96 the rest of the EGR connections are made internally inside the intake manifold.....

I hope this helps, what happened to the stock lines? break/missing?

Thanks for the response. The stock lines are non existant, as this is in a 96 Ford Ranger. I bought the truck with the install allready, now just fixing the little odds and ends. The egr was not even hooked up.

This is how I did it, tee off of the FPR to the bottom of the egr regulator, than to the top to the egr valve. I think my valve might be bad, I was trying to put a vacuum on it and it wouldn't hold. Does this sound right? I think its the same as what you mentioned.

Back