Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

#!@*&!$%! Eldorado Tires ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Ok,, Waited long engough. Has not even one person heard of this tire brand or had any experience? Local dealer has some very good prices on these tires but are they crap or likely OK ? ? ? H E L P !
  2. F

Need Tire specs to meet OEM 2001 XLS

Looking to replace the tires and want to make sure I know the scoop on the minimums specified to keep the explorer safe. I understand 235 15" 75r is the correct size but what are the other minimum standards to watch for. Min Load rating? Min Speed rating? All terrain tread pattern...
  3. F

Eldorado ZTR Sport SUV Tire, Anybody Tried ? ? ?

The cooper tire I want is not available yet (Discoverer ATR). I believe Eldorado Tires are made by Cooper, the ZTR Sport Suv Tire looks very similar. Has anybody tried the Eldorado ZTR or had any other kind of experience with Eldorado tires ? ? ? Are "Eldorado" brand tires that much of...
  4. F

Cooper Discoverer ATR Tires. Anybody Tried these? ? ?

I am leaning towards these tires. Does anyone know if they are a decent tire, thanks.
  5. F

Any Decent Tires Suggested in the under $85.00 Range ?

Anybody had any experience with Cooper ATR's? Thanks for the input so far. Are the Revo's very noisy?
  6. F

Any Decent Tires Suggested in the under $85.00 Range ?

Time to replace the Michelin Cross Terrain tires my used 01 explorer came with. Anything in particular to pay attention to besides 253 75r 15 ? My driving is about 95% Highway and in good conditions 85% of the time. The Michelins have barely lasted 40,000 miles even though they are...
  7. F

Does OEM Drain Plug Use A Nylon Washer on the O-Ring Style Plug/Bolt ? ? ?

Part number F6TZ 6730 BA is what was ordered for my 2001 SOHC 4.0l This is a 14mm plug. Next time you take your plug off look and see if the head is "dished" out where an O-Ring would have been. Good Luck. Thanks for the responces, I will dis-regard the nylon washer in the parts...
  8. F

Does OEM Drain Plug Use A Nylon Washer on the O-Ring Style Plug/Bolt ? ? ?

Had to order a replacement oil drain plug (ordered OEM) for my 01 XLS 4.0l Explorer as the O-Ring had broken that is built into the drain plug bolt. Too my surprise the replacement plug/bolt (with built in O-Ring as expected) also came with a nylon washer. I bought the vehicle used and...
Back