Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

ABS light on...what to look for???

Mine did it to me a few days ago. I just ran a search on this site and came up with this. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136001&highlight=ABS+light HTH, Geoff
  2. G

HELP! Fuse Box question

Can someone please give me a list of the Fuse locations similar to this for a '99 Ex? I have searched the site already for one. Thanks, Geoff
  3. G

Loud noise from intake area

Hey Mark...I have the same VERY loud humm going on with my airbox. Did you find a solution? Geoff
  4. G

Changed the Tranny valve body gaskets-Results

:eek: :rolleyes: Nice. I never claimed to be any kind of mechanic and no I am not brain dead and yes my transmission works now. Take it easy.
  5. G

Yes, I did. My problem didn't just dissappear actually. After cleaning out the solenoids, replacing the filter and most importantly replacing the two VB gaskets that were broken/busted. Evidently the TC had slowly leaked out a quart or two while I had the VB out of the tranny. It seems like...
  6. G

Shock replacement interval

I just bought my X with 80,000 on it and it now has 84,000 on it. I just made my trip down to southern Louisiana and for anyone who has driven down there, you know how their streets let you know your shocks are shot! Where/what brand is recommended as a replacement? It is strictly a DD/rush...
  7. G

Well I just got back from Lafayette, LA (Mardi Gras) and that is a good 1,000 mile trip (round trip) and it worked perfect every step of the way. Got it up to 90-95ish a couple of times just to see how it acted....perfect. Holding a consistant amount of fluid now also, not losing any it looks...
  8. G

I didn't take anything out of the VB except the solenoids. I was kind of trying to avoid getting too deep or over my head. Overall the VB looked pretty clean but I didn't really give it a good examination. It seems to be operating pefectly right now, so I will leave it as is for now. I don't...
  9. G

Might be getting somewhere there. My Dad and I made an observation while the VB was off/out. On the front side (of the truck) of where the VB mounts up to the tranny, we had seapage(sp?) that seemed to come every 30 seconds or so. It was as if it would suck some air up in there and then...
  10. G

Cummins girl stuck with a 5.0

Actually, I don't believe Franklin is 10 miles east of Milwaukee. If that were the case it would be in Lake Michigan. Not positive on the mileage but it is about 20-30 minutes southwest of Milwaukee, though I am far from a Wisconsin expert. I love the Cookeville, TN area, actually...
  11. G

One more thing I forgot to ask. In your Diary's you said the low/reverse servo has a spring on it correct? Mine did not but I didn't know if the A4LD did and my 5R55E did not. I watch the garage floor all the time and I don't see any leakage. :( Geoff
  12. G

My gfriend's mom and step-dad live in Franklin, WI (anywhere near you?) and I have visited quite a few times. I sure didn't here anyone say y'all and in fact they all looked at me like I was from some backwoods of TN. I don't even think my accent is heavy at all. You are correct though, that...
  13. G

Chris, On my way to work this morning it was acting up/slipping a little bit and then the same when I left work. Seems to be at it's worst when the truck has been sitting for hours at a time. The biggest problem with it when it has been sitting is when I try to put it in Reverse or Drive...
  14. G

I am relatively new here as well but I have already been helped tremendously (transmission) by some of the members here. Seems to be a great site! So welcome aboard! One last thing, you must originally be from the South, b/c I don't think I have ever heard a Michigan native say "y'all"...
  15. G

Thanks for the answers and the confidence Chris. I will take you up on that PM if things make a turn for the worse **knock on wood**, though I REALLY don't want to go into that thing again. Not for a while anyway. Geoff
  16. G

Well this morning it was getting me really P.O. It was slipping all of the time, mostly from gear to gear but sometimes while it was IN gear. I checked the fluid when I got to work and it wasn't reading at all on the dipstick :( . So I go on into work. Fast forward to getting off of work...
  17. G

My dad was saying the same thing. Telling me to relax and all. I was just worried about having a working transmission at the beginning of the day and a non-working one at the end of the day. I did remember the O-rings on the filter. I will test the reverse multiple times tomorrow and see if...
  18. G

Well thanks to Brain, I found out that I had a torn valve body gasket when I opened up the tranny a few weeks ago to originally clean out the solenoids. It had the usual 2-3 shift issue AND it was slipping in 1st about 50% of the time. After cleaning the solenoids a few weeks ago it helped the...
  19. G

Reprogramming Remote Keyless Entry

I think what jaskel is saying is that you cannot just buy the FOB (the remote that goes on your keychain) and program it to work. Your vehicle, more than likely, doesn't have anything to program the FOB to. That is why you must purchase the whole kit not just the FOB/remote. I believe the FOB...
  20. G

5R55E not shifting from 2-3

$8.64 for one and $6.60 for the other from the stealership. I got quoted $230-240 to ONLY install the two gaskets and then refill the transmission of course. I think I will take a stab at it. ;) Geoff
  21. G

Excellent, that doesn't sound too far over my head. When I swing by Ford today to check on those gaskets I will get a price quote from them for installing them. If their price is worth me (and my dad) saving a Saturday then I might just let them do it. If it is a pretty high quote (which I...
  22. G

hard-wired radar detector...

Does Radio Shack (or similar) sell the plug to go from my radar detector to the cig lighter? I kind of hate to cut it and find out later that I can't get a replacement at a common store. :D Geoff
  23. G

Great explanation! Now are you saying to ask what they would charge b/c it is something that I might not want to tackle? Or if they give me a decent price to just let them go ahead and do it? Is it just dropping the valve body and then putting a gasket on "top" of the seperator plate and then...
  24. G

hard-wired radar detector...

When I cut my radar detector's wire, will I find two wires? How do I know which needs to go where? Geoff
  25. G

MPG isn't what it should be?! ideas?

Just my personal observations and experiences. My 2000 V6 Mustang got 115,000 in just over 4 years from me and mostly highway (Memphis to Louisiana) miles. The speed I traveled seemed to not have a very big impact on my MPG. EVERY time I filled that car up I would calculate my MPG and on...
Back