Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

99 Explorer XLT 4.0 V6 SOCH running rough

Hey guys, I've been having a problem with my truck for a while with running rough during idle. I checked the sensors, took it to the shop to get an inspection, nothing. i was told it was a vacuum leak, one day when it was getting rougher than usual I hit the gas just a little and finally my...
  2. E

Squeaking in driver side front wheel well

Just today the squeaking started. It sounded like it was a bushing on the upper control arm, but I just finished replacing it. The squeaking continues and only happens when my Explorer rocks. Can anyone else give me an idea of what could be causing it? 99 Explorer XLT RWD 4.0 SOHC V6
  3. E

99 Explorer 4.0L SOHC

Not where the butterfly is, I cleaned that. Farther in, or maybe the hoses around the IAC valve could have carbon build up but I don't know
  4. E

99 Explorer 4.0L SOHC

So I have an issue with my Explorer where the idle RPM sits around 500 after I give it a little gas. Before that it idles smoothly at around 700. Acceleration is fine so it's not a fuel problem, and I disconnected a vacuum hose and the idle went up so it's not a vacuum leak, I also just cleaned...
  5. E

Largest Tires Without Lift?

I have a 2wd 99 Explorer XLT and I thought about doing 15x8 wheels with 30 tires. Would that work?
  6. E

99 Explorer XLT 2wd wheel and tire sizes without lift

Well I should also not I'm not afraid to drive a little rough so i would also worry about going over a bump and grinding the top of the tire. I just want to fill out my wheel well a little bit more
  7. E

99 Explorer XLT 2wd wheel and tire sizes without lift

Hey, sorry if this is somewhere else I'm still new. I would like to know what wheel and tire I could fit without rubbing on a stock Explorer and no lift.
  8. E

Largest Tires Without Lift?

Hey guys, I know this is old but I would really appreciate the help. I have a 99 Explorer XLT 2wd and would like to know what size rims and tires could I run without rubbing and no lift. Thanks in advance
  9. E

Brush guard

I saw them, the one I bought is go rhino. I believe it comes with mounting bracket
  10. E

Brush guard

This is my explorer and the brush guard I ordered
  11. E

Brush guard

Yea, not where I thought but now I know. What brush guard do you have?
  12. E

Brush guard

I think I found where it'll go. I just ordered the guard so when it gets here I'll make sure it's where I think. I was just wondering if anyone could say if the holes are visible just crawling under or if I'll have to remove stuff
  13. E

Brush guard

The guard tells me there's places to attach it to my explorer. Where are those spots?
  14. E

Brush guard

Hey, I'm new to this site. Please move this where it needs to be. I recently bought a 99 explorer xlt and I want to put a brush guard on it. Where would I find the brackets under the bumper to mount it to?
Back