Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

'94 Sport - Rehab and Mod Project

Thanks Bill! I'd come across some of those threads for info on how everything goes together - something I recall reading on the 91-94 years was that due to the transfer case being disengaged, I could theoretically leave the front locked at all times when running in 2H and just be sure to be...
  2. T

appreciate the nudge in the right direction .. it's inevitable that I might be stuck going with Manual hubs - I haven't had a chance to service these yet, but will try this afternoon or tomorrow to feel out how poor a shape they're in. Since this is a cheapo Gambler build to begin with - I have...
  3. T

I'll also post up and hopefully get some Q/A going to help this along as I only get about one day a week to really delve into it... Current issue & possible solution: The Automatic Hubs won't engage (2nd slide / video in the blog above) -- I read up the diagnosing threads and here's where I'm...
  4. T

I've been lurking a while and finally made a moment to post up this in-progress project... It started as a #Gambler500 reason to pick a cheap rig and there' s potential for more! First and foremost I want it to be trail worthy enough to make it out 500 rough miles and back... it's my first...
  5. T

Hello from NorCal! New to Ford & this 1st Gen Explorer

Appreciate the advice! I’m new to leaf suspensions but understand the mechanics (I used to build scale true-to-life RC crawlers) - I figured this wasn’t the best method and skipped it for now... Plus, I’m not upgrading the tires just yet, so the gap is going to look goofy haha
  6. T

I'm in need of advice - since this is a gambler build to start - how's this for a cheap 2" $70 lift kit? Per my scouring, it seems at 2" or under, the only things I'll need to do for a lift are essentially bump up the springs/leafs (ie no need to get new shackles, drop the radius arm or etc...
  7. T

91 4x4 sport overhaul.

Makes sense, thanks for the links! I'm planning to start a build thread soon to get suggestions & direction from the vets here on the site, @Over_torqued will definitely have to compare notes; that's a manual 5sp or 4?
  8. T

91 4x4 sport overhaul.

Great to see another 90's Sport out there! I scrolled down the photos almost thinking this was history on my own 94 Sport; same color scheme and wheels anyway. Hope to start my build thread also - the Ford world is new to me, so I'm picking up on the lingo, though... I'm guessing here, the...
  9. T

Thanks for the advice - that's what I seemed to read; luckily the two parts the seller included were a window regulator and jumper cables (yeah, it'll need a battery...) It's Manual 5sp 4x4, power windows / locks, cloth interior; I don't know the trim level specifically but I plan to do more...
  10. T

For every vehicle I've bought, I've ended up on the forum to learn more - I've been lurking a bit and this is a great place! On a whim, I decided to pick up a '94 Explorer for the Gambler 500 this year in July - never owned a ford before, but pretty handy with a wrench. Looking to learn what...
Back