Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

034x4's D44 SAS thread...

Not too sure yet. Leaning towards a c4. T-case I'm thinking a 203/205 doubler. But we'll see. I need someone to buy my old drivetrain first!
  2. 0

Getting it dirt cheap, and because it's not a common swap.
  3. 0

Will have my 2 valve 4.6 next weekend. Art Carr makes a bellhousing for a 4.6 -> c4 so I'm looking to go that route (no electronics to worry about)
  4. 0

Took a few steps backwards. All of the stock drivetrain (3.0, 5r44e, elec 1354) is for sale. Including all wiring/pcm/accessories. Gotta make room for a new powerplant.
  5. 0

Drew up the truss in solidworks. Cutting out truss parts and plates to box in the frame. frame boxed in sat the truss on the axle to see how it looks. Haven't started welding it yet.
  6. 0

7. 0

This thread's still alive? I just tore it down for a rebuild.
  8. 0

"Will This Work"

9. 0

Yomie....3/4 ton build up and install

Your d-shaft should be fine if you just extend it. It had way too much spline showing at ride height when I glanced at it before I left on sunday. Stuff the drivers side and i bet you'll still have at least 1.5-2 inches of spline showing.
  10. 0

Bump for a dead thread with no progress, yet said vehicle will be wheeled this weekend.
  11. 0

Thats one thing I need to do. Go in there and rip out all the abs ****. It looks like kudzu behind my drivers fender.
  12. 0

How about 4 of them? Looks good btw. now paint it odg :salute: Edit: When you puttin the blocks in? or you just haven't trimmed the u-botls yet? ;)
  13. 0

I love the look of a low and wide rig.
  14. 0

Time to get some wheels with less backspacing too.
  15. 0

sn0border88's SAS Thread

Make sure you have lots of beer, lots of time, and a good back. On a more serious note. Torque in a circular pattern until all bolts are at the recommended spec. I've mounted quite a few and I use a 3/8 impact until the bolts are snug and then I start torquing. But I would recommend not...
  16. 0

where at grayrock? New shop will be open in about a week or so. (from monday)
  17. 0

**** don't even have the axle together and it already broke? Better get some rocks'
  18. 0

Redranger4.0, solid axle swap d44/9"

I probably don't know what I'm talking about, as I'm still learning about spring rates etc. But 127 sounds kind of soft for a full bodied/framed truck. But again, I'm not really one to say ;)
  19. 0

Good choice. PM me your address and I can't remember your last name for the life of me.
  20. 0

C'mon man. 381250 bias tsl for 180 a tire from 4wheelparts... CHEAP. Long lasting too, depending on how long your daily commute is ahaha. 17" wheels **** n/m, 17's are expensive.
  21. 0

Chromoly axles what to choose??

Don't talk about my ******* joint like that
  22. 0

Actually, it's because of the angle b/t the front/rear of my leafs and the shackle reversal. Too much droop going up an incline and the yokes hit.
  23. 0

I run a spool with 38's on my waggy 44 pretty ####in hard (hard as I can with a 3.0 lol) with yukon chromo's and CTM's and haven't had a single hiccup yet.
  24. 0

38's...I couldn't find a picture of the guy from grandma's boy yelling "***** wizeak" lol
  25. 0

3/4 ton? That ***** weak :salute:
Back