Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Y

2016 3.5l timing question

Just my few cents - after dealer replaced my water pump + chain and let me go I also got P0016 after few weeks of light usage. Ended up replacing all the solenoids and cam sprockets, dealer said they were also "worn out" Unfortunately cannot verify that myself and have to reply on their words...
  2. Y

oil change

Yes, highly controversial topic, beware. Below is MY VIEW on things: IMHO sweet spot is around 7.5k like the manual says, but no longer than 1 year - with COVID some vehicles just sit there with no miles. I only would consider shorter intervals if you idle a lot, especially with a hot engine...
  3. Y

Strut issue

I had have this exact issue with my 2016. Dealer quoted $550 plus taxes and fees for this - replace passenger upper strut mount. Bought on amazon (search for Motorcraft AD1147 Bracket) and replaced myself. The original was quite loose and grindy. The noise went away and then came back again a...
  4. Y

Which would you choose?

I'd say it is far more important to stick to the schedule and actually change it rather than worry about the brand (it still matters though, just not as much).
  5. Y

cargo area measurements, seats folded down

maximum I could fit was 18" by 8' long PLY sheet diagonally on top of some 2by4s (see pics attached) Front seat moved to the front & top most position and then the back is moved forward as much as it goes
  6. Y

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

Just got mine replaced @ 58500 miles. No lettering but took them 4 days. Not a problem with me, as they provided a courtesy car
  7. Y

Some issues with our new to us 2016 limited

WOW! Bingo man. I tried it backwards and it finally worked. Here is what I would try: key 1 forward + key 2 forward key 2 forward + key 1 forward key 1 backwards + key 2 backwards key 2 backwards + key 1 backwards key 1 forward + key 2 backwards key 2 forward + key 1 backwards key 1...
  8. Y

no need to film, there are plenty of youtubes showing this. I trust it works on your vehicle. It just doesn't work on all, unfortunately.
  9. Y

yes, this is what I wrote I just wanted to say that this method doesn't always work, hence option 2 and 3.
  10. Y

I don't know my original factory code.
  11. Y

I did, multiple times, trying key1 then key2 and vice versa. No luck. Multiple comments on other forums - same situation on 16 Limited and some other Trims. Just saying - it's a good thing to try but if it doesn't work it's not necessary you at fault. option 2 - dig into the fuse box (you need...
  12. Y

this did not work on my '16 limited.
  13. Y

Factory oil filter dissection

I wouldn't worry about the color. Modern oil turns dark when it is simply heated, even at normal working conditions and temperatures. The color by itself is not a very good indicator.
  14. Y

Deciding between 13,15 and 16(?) Limited

IKR, it sits on my drive and I'm staring at it and thinking now what. Will make a nice photo for profile pic when it's finally actual spring, not this fake one with snow and all
  15. Y

So yesterday I pulled the trigger. '16 LTD it is. Still cannot believe it :)
  16. Y

That's where we are looking, 200 miles around me. There are few others with similar mileage at same price range, none 301a though.
  17. Y

So now we are looking at Ruby Red 2016 Limited with 301a + Adaptive Cruise Control @ 49k miles for $27,500 before taxes and fees and questioning if that is the correct price range or it is too good to be true?
  18. Y

Ah, somehow completely forgot about 5y/60,000mi part of the warranty, thank you for reminding me. The reason that '13 is on my list because it appears to be taken care of, but will double-check that hood, thank you for this tip. Also, while thinking about these 2, my wife and I considering...
  19. Y

2015 is a Carmax with $500 transfer free. 2013 is a dealer that claims it belonged to a local owner and was serviced with them all these years. Trying to lure service records/oasis from them now. Update: Got the records on the 2013. Oil was changed every 3k (or less miles, so 10 oil changes for...
  20. Y

Nope, expired this January.
  21. Y

Hi Forum, potential new member here. Am looking to buy 2013 Limited vs 2015 Limited 2013 Limited @ 28k miles, no accidents, 1 owner, 301a with tow III pack + moon roof 2015 Limited @ 31k miles, no accidents, 1 owner, 301a +moon roof Don't really care for towing, but it is nice to have and it...
Back