Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Is it a PCV Valve or Engine Seal Causing Oil Leak

Thanks for the info and reply.
  2. M

...also, does using synthetic oil contribute to oil leaks?
  3. M

Hello out there, I love my 2010 Sport Trac XLT 4.0 with 173,000 miles on it. I am getting an oil leak that someone said it probably was a rear main engine seal. After some research I learned that a clogged PCV valve might cause oil leaks. So, I am reaching out to my fellow Explorer and Sport...
  4. M

Intermittent ABS Light Issue -- Scanner Code of B1342

Still having the issue....any other suggestions out there??
  5. M

Well I checked the sensors at each wheel, and they seem to be secure. Do not know how to check them for defect. And I did not get to the darn ABS Module....it seems to be buried under the battery. Obviously Ford want only their techs screwing around under the hood of this vehicle! Anyone else...
  6. M

I will check them out this weekend...thanks!
  7. M

Hi, I have a 2010 Sport Trac with 108,000 miles on it. A short time ago, I started getting ABS light issues. There is no way to duplicate the issue....it comes on and stays on until I turn the ignition off. Sometimes it comes on, other times it does not. I did have one of the front hubs replace...
  8. M

Tonneau Seal Replacement

I installed the new seal. Best bet is to unlock the front and back latches, open the rear part of the tonneau, slide the center anchors into the innermost slots, and slide the whole tonneau to about a foot from the tail gate. With the tailgate up first thing is to raise the rear part of the...
  9. M

Tonneau Seal Replacement

Thanks, 07L I have the new seal....now all I have to do is find some instructions on how to remove the old one and install the new one.....preferably a video. But my guess is I may have to crack open the 1000 pages of repair manuals I have.....they just don't show all the tricks! If I find...
  10. M

2010 Sport Trac: Replace Driver Side Seat Covers -- Bottom and Back

Would there be anyone who can point me to a link that explains or shows me how to replace the bottom and back of the driver side seat? I already ordered the parts! Part Number Part Name Price Quantity Total 8L2Z-7862901-BA Seat Cover 9L2Z-7864417-BA Seat Back Cover Thanks, Murph
  11. M

Replace Driver Side Seat Cover for 2010 Sport Trac XLT

Hello, Can anyone point me to a how-to video on how to replace the driver side seat cover.....I have ordered the part and am just wondering about a video or if anyone has any tips and/or tricks to come away with a proper installation....without ruining anything in the meantime. Thanks, Murph
  12. M

Tonneau Seal Replacement

Hi This is my first post in this forum. The seal between the two sections of the cargo box tonneau pm my 2010 Sport Trac has cracked and is leaking a bit. I have found the part but was wondering if anyone has replaced it or if anyone knows of a how-to video on the web for it. Thanks
Back