Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Will a transmission from a 4.6 ford explorer work in a 4.0 explorer?

I just bought an 02 ford explorer with the 4.0 The transmission is bad in it. I have an 05 with the 4.6 in it. The transmission is good in the 4.6. Can I change out the one out of the 06 and put it in the 02?
  2. R

05 explorer 4.6 4x4 whining & thumping

Yes sir done Yes sir done and done, I thought the idea far fetched when it was first proposed to me, but that was my problem completely.
  3. R

Will a o2 oxygen circuit from an 2012 fit05 ford explorer with 4.6 V8 4x4

Are all 02 oxygen heat circuit sensors pretty much the same? Could I take one off a new ford of any model that has the 4.6 v8 and put it on my 05 ford explorer with the 4.6?
  4. R

05 Ford Explorer whinning and thumping problem solved

First I want to thank Brooklynbay, he had the answer for my explorer. My explorer couldn't be driven, it wouldn't get to 20 mph with out whinning and thumping violently, forcing you to stop. Brooklynbay suggested that I check the tires! Although I thought the possibility of my tires being the...
  5. R

Yeay BrooklynBay! You were absolutely correct, although at the time your suggestion to check my...

Yeay BrooklynBay! You were absolutely correct, although at the time your suggestion to check my tires to see if they were the cause for the whinning and thumping in my 05 ford explorer with the 4.6 V8 4x4 advance trac. Which prevented it from driving over 20 mph. One of my tires was a different...
  6. R

05 explorer 4.6 4x4 whining & thumping

I recently bought my 05 from a indv, with knowledge that it need a fuel pump. After many attempts I got the correct pump, one a l ready in a tank from pull a part. We I test drive it and at 20mph I get a whinning sound then like a surging thump jolt you can feel it throughout the vehicle. It...
  7. R

2005 4.6ltr 4x4, I've rotated the rear flange to axel using each hole position, I get high pich...

2005 4.6ltr 4x4, I've rotated the rear flange to axel using each hole position, I get high pich whining then thunk, thunk
  8. R

Still hoping maybe someone will give something in the way of advice to just one of my questions...

Still hoping maybe someone will give something in the way of advice to just one of my questions I've posted, just one!
  9. R

I'm having a clunking noise like something is hitting something under my 05 ford explorer 4x4...

I'm having a clunking noise like something is hitting something under my 05 ford explorer 4x4 with the 4.6 .
  10. R

My 2001 Ford Explorer will not start (but it cranks).

Where is the inertia switch located on the 05 explorer? Please, I can get a reply to my threads could you ointment me in the right direction?
  11. R

2005 Ford Explorer not starting

So guys even when she turns over for me? I bought an 05 ford explorer 4.6 V8 4x4. It needed a fuel pump, the truck would crank on starter fluid and run until it burnd off I bought an 05 ford explorer 4.6 V8 4x4. It needed a fuel pump, the truck would crank on starter fluid and run until it burnd...
  12. R

05 ford explorer 4.6 V8 4x4 turns over but not start

I bought an 05 ford explorer 4.6 V8 4x4. It needed a fuel pump, the truck would crank on starter fluid and run until it burnd off the starter fluid. Took 8 month's before I could get to it but I changed it with a fuel pump from pull a part out of a wrecked duplicate model explorer. I was able to...
Back