Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Starting, dying, and rabbits?

That's not a bad idea and could have been the culprit. I have over 260,000 miles on it and couldn't tell you the last time it was changed. (I certainly haven't done it since purchasing back in 2012)
  2. A

Thanks for all the replies. Here is what I found: Nothing. lol. I went out today and tried to start it and it fired up and shut off right after just like it had been... so I went under the hood to check around. I was really expecting to find a chewed plug wire or something but everything...
  3. A

Great suggestion and I do have a bluedriver odb reader I can toss on. Just waiting for it to warm up a bit outside before I go out.
  4. A

I'm really hoping it's not bad gasoline lol! What a fiasco. Thanks for the suggestion though I didn't think about that possibility.
  5. A

Okay, here's the problem and wondering if someone with more mechanic logic than I can assist. Preface: I drove my 01 explorer just fine on Saturday evening. No issues to and from grandparents, got gas and came home that night and parked in driveway per usual. Car sat all night and Sunday and...
  6. A

Air only coming through defrost - After thermostat housing replacement

Ah just pops right out... I guess I'll replace this hose and see where that lands me
  7. A

Think I found my leak. :) BTW e-cigarettes make a great smoke tester Lmao. Good call on the ball... Now wondering the best fix.
  8. A

Right on - thanks for the tips. Found that thread right after I posted Can't be more of a pain in the ass then this housing has become. lol
  9. A

I'm pretty sure I put everything back together that I touched. Especially since I did it all about 3 or 4 times this week haha.. (and likely will be doing it again to get this friggin snapped bolt out of the housing) So I will definitely go through carefully and look around again to be sure...
  10. A

I may have found the thread I was looking for - going to skim through it How to: - 2nd Gen NO AC ( or heat) FROM VENTS!!! A "How to" what to look for thread
  11. A

2001 ford explorer XLS, 4.0 sohc Okay, so I know I have seen this issue around the forums before but I can't seem to find it. The air set on max will not blow through vents, only through the defrost. It worked fine before I began performing a radiator flush/thermostat replacement.... in which...
  12. A

2001 XLS Intake gasket upper and lower

Sweet, thanks for the info. I didn't want to change the oil or coolant just to find out I have to turn around and drain it when I go to do the gaskets.
  13. A

2001 XLS Intake gasket upper and lower

Hey all, 2001 Explorer XLS sohc Currently have codes p0171 and p0174 along with a bit of a rough idle on start up (worse when cold) that evens out after some revs of the gas pedal. I did a light smoke test today and see there is smoke coming up from the spark plug area on the driver side. I'm...
  14. A

Experts, I need some help.. (Rear axle assembly)

I initiated a charge back through my cc company so we will see what happens. My beef is that I'm not paying to return it lol
  15. A

Yup, that's why I wish I would have swallowed my fear and just did my bearings... On the plus side i did learn how to swap a rear end. Replace leaf spring bushings and all that. But I have 900 dollar junk axle I don't think I'll be able to return. Maybe with my newfound knowledge I can fix it...
  16. A

That's a relief. Thank you all for the help - I may have a few more questions here and there yet but overall I just need to swap it back in. I'm waiting on some brake lines and then new ubolts... Really annoying because I just put new ones in..but I know you can't re-use. One thing I noticed...
  17. A

Old bearings didn't look bad... But maybe you really can't tell by sight
  18. A

Think this was culprit for rubber bits. Anywho.. Got both finished and new xpin bolt installed.
  19. A

Wonder if that's the rubber bits in the tube. This last piece is really stuck in there. Black spot near differential end.
  20. A

My mistake there's seams on both sides. On one side I found a lot of little rubber pellets or something inside the tube I don't know what they are, been running a rag through trying to clean them out. Maybe from cover gasket?
  21. A

Ohh those look like this. Guess I should really clean the ends up before reinstall. Also I'm wondering why there is a seam on one side of the axle in the tube but not on the other side of the axle in that tube
  22. A

This? Both look about like this
  23. A

Think I got one side successfully replaced. Im pretty sure it is seated. I should have done this from the beginning....
  24. A

Sweet. Thanks for the answers. Got one side c clip out
  25. A

Actually scratch that.. I don't think you have to remove the caps afterall now that I'm looking at it
Back