Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Do you have to make any modifications to the TB, or straight bolt on?
  2. E

Text not supported

My Ford touch. I have thought about pulling a SYNC 3 system out of a wrecked unit, however.
  3. E

Text not supported

I did full resets on phone and SYNC, it has messaging again, but will only show phone numbers not as contacts listed in phone. Semi fixed, but not fully functional.
  4. E

Text not supported

All of a sudden in my 2016 limited, my Note 9 does not receive, display, or notify of incoming text messages. Yesterday it wouldn't show contacts, but still functioned. Today it says connected phone does not support bluetooth messaging. I tried downloading the phone book again, and removed and...
  5. E

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

2016 Limited update Just for those who are interested: I have installed Magnaflow catback (part# 19274), K&N intake (part# 77-2575KS), and a Livernois 91 octane high performance tune. This has changed my whole outlook on the performance of the 3.5 NA AWD grocery go getting tank! If you're...
  6. E

Lowering the Explorer

I have either overlooked it, or it hasn't been mentioned: Are there alignment issues when using the H&R springs? I want to level it out, but I don't want to go through tires every year or so. I know there are 2 different length camber kits for the front only, so I was just wondering if you can...
  7. E

Remote start via text/call?

Were you able to pull the part #s? I was playing around with ForScan today, and noticed the perimeter alarm is enabled, but it didn't show a VSS module or part number. It also showed a gateway module, but I am guessing it's just for the download firmware and apps connectivity. Only success...
  8. E

If you have your as built data, why do you still need the sticker? That would be great, thank you! Would Benny still activate it even if it wasn't purchased through him?
  9. E

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

I followed these instructions in this thread. Glove Box If the link doesn't work, its on page 3 post 56.
  10. E

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

I have put these in the map, glove box, and second row locations. I put this one in the lower luggage compartment area. I used these to replace my puddle lights. These are the lights I used for tag lights. The over head light by third row, I "borrowed" from a friends PIU. His was a 6000K LED...
  11. E

So, I just got off the phone with Benny. He said since the app hasn't been updated, it may not work with newer phones as the phones get updated. Ford has discontinued the products for remote access, but may still be found on ebay. Guess I may have to dive into the sync3 realm, and try that...
  12. E

I have found them, and read them, but this is more of a DYI type of project without using Ford's equipment or app. Just seeing if anyone has tried this, thought of this, or if everyone has just been using OEM/aftermarket parts that are more expensive. This type of project looks to be that the...
  13. E

Looking for Can bus diagram

How-To: Mirrortap install for 2016+ Explorer (for Radar Detector / Dash Cam) This should help you. This thread is not addressing connections except for where they are throwing codes, and the OP is looking to find where these connections may be; but I can see where the diagram could answer your...
  14. E

So, I have been searching and searching to find a solution to the unlimited range remote start. Ford has/had several option that we could by parts for, and apps to go along with. Unfortunately many of these parts are no longer available, not reliable, and the price for app access is a little on...
  15. E

Upgrading from MFT/Sync 2 to Sync 3

In my first post, I mentioned the on board modem. Since I already have remote start, will the RMU DL3Z-19A390-B work for the Ford Pass APP remote start, or would I have to get the Security Kit FS7Z-19A361-A for it to work with SYNC 3? Or, since sync 3 is so much different, will any of these...
  16. E

Upgrading from MFT/Sync 2 to Sync 3

I have been reading many threads on the sync 3 swap, and this is where I am at a loss: I have a salvaged 2018 APIM and screen (with nav), GPS antenna and new usb hub and cable from 4dtech, my as built data, donor vehicle (2018 platinum) as built data, donor vehicle adaptive cruise sensor and...
  17. E

Step bars / Running Boards / Nerf Bars

Has anyone tried the folding/retracting step bars (similar to those on the F-150s and Expeditions) found on ebay (if I'm not mistaken)?
Back