Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

Let it be known (parking brake springs)

I ALWAYS put a big solid wood chok behind drivers front tire. Sometimes if the ramps, very steep, get wet with some muddy water your tires may slip.
  2. V

How many people own or have owned an Aerostar?

Wow, what a find . I have 168,000 on my 94, was a company truck so it's just a base model I guess.
  3. V

Fuel pump shut off switch location.

I like the idea of a timer on the kill switch, set it for 45 seconds. I have an alarm system already, wonder if this is possible, it's got a lot of options I never use. Funny thing is every few years it gets set in "valet" mode and I have to get the book out to re-set. I cannot set or re-set...
  4. V

Lincoln Scores Least Reliable Brand

From reading this fourm since the new Explorers were announced I sure got the impression that the Lincoln owners were having a lot less problems/complaints that the Fords. Saw a new type Ford pick-up and it looks like a full size front with big doors and lots of room in both and back, but a...
  5. V

SOLVED - HELP! No crank, no start, and no communication with PCM

"year model" can be misleading, why I learned to take the VIN # to the auto parts store. We were up in Alturas, CA and my alternater was starting to make a bearing sound so I asked the parts guy if he had one for a 94 Ford Aerostar, said sure. I go to the motel take the alt out and go to the...
  6. V

Crazy Electrical Issue Defies Logic

"but he doesn't say where he's putting the jump box. If the jump clamps are on the battery outside connections seems the cable/battery connection is suspect. Another thing sometimes overlooked are the motor/ground cables. Check them out also???
  7. V

How to steal newer cars and protect them (General questions)

Yes but if what you do will slow them down and they can see that, it's likely they will move on to an easier target. True if they want your car or house bad enough done, but giving them pause can move them to an easier target. It's so bad here many are leaving car doors unlocked and signs in...
  8. V

Which is better?

I use Mobil1 oil and filters in everything. Have seen many U-tubers cut filters apart, seems one manufacturer make filters for many "brands" but there are some differences even there, made to order? Fram also does this, many differences between some. The cost of a any filter seems small to me...
  9. V

Still driving my '94, was my work truck. Got it from the leasing company for peanuts 1500$ total no smog, tax just new registration,and pink slip, 1999 or 2000 I think. Leasing companies get away with a lot here. Just looked at the miles 127,881.1 Thought it was underpowered loaded up with the...
  10. V

Fuel pump shut off switch location.

My '94 3L fleet buy has a sticker next to the radiator that says If engine fails to start this vehicle is equipped with a fuel pump shutoff switch. Resetting this switch may resolve the problem. Please refer to the owners guide for switch location and reset instructions. So page 85 says switch...
  11. V

My digital odometer & clock stopped working suddenly.

Easy thing to do is remove the inside lite covers and take a look, then remove the screws that hold the lite assemblys and check for a frayed wire. You could also look at the wiring harness that you can easily access. After that it will get harder.
  12. V

1997 Aerostar radiator question.

I have a 94 3L @ 137 K miles and while driving at 80 on the freeway in the valley with temp around triple digits was suprised to see no drop in the oil pressure gage and no raise in the collant temp either. Stock cooling system and AC on full. I have not towed with mine but some have and no...
  13. V

Lets find that leak

I had a leak like that on my '94 Aerostar. Turned out to be the white plastic 90 degree fitting on one of the heater core feed hoses, a little crack. Odd because the other fittings on those hoses are metal and look really great. Didn't leak all the time till it got worse. Took it to the auto...
  14. V

I guess I'm lucky, got my work truck sold to me by the leasing company for 1125 $ with 80K on it. Now I have 137K miles. Love the form factor and the the analog controls. Just remember to keep those front disk brake pins well lubed. :)
  15. V

About 23 years ago I went to work for a company that gave me a white 94 Aerostar 3.0 as a work truck. When they retired it to give me a E150 van I bought it from them, now has 139,000 miles. If anything breaks I just keep fixing it as I love the form factor, and it runs great. Was slow as a work...
  16. V

Lift points for the Aerostar.

When doing the front brakes I would prefer the locking feature that my Lincon floor jack lacks, I'm getting lazy in my older years. :) I found a big block of wood that fits inside the Lincoln jack so if it did fail it will not come down. Bad for me is over the years some of the shops that did...
  17. V

Lift points for the Aerostar.

This lift, CAT 4000 lb. 3-in-1 Garage Floor Jack and ATV Jack, on sale at COSTCO. Is it useable for the Ford? I cannot see what places to use on the Ford. Sure sorry I gave away my old bumper lift many years ago. link...
  18. V

No crank, no start... SOLVED/Thanks!

I've been using a 6 V bulb for a long time. Lites up bright for good, dim or notso bright for lower voltages. I had a motorcycle a long time age that was 6 V and got those bulbs from the speedo and tach :) .
  19. V

"Stop Leak" Coolant Additive. Which one?

I chased a minor leak for a long time. Turns out it was one of the 2 white plastic 90 degree elbows connecting the heater hose fitting hose to the main hose. Went to the auto parts store expecting to have them order it and the guy says how many do you need?? Turns out it's a common problem and...
  20. V

Custom parking brake cable with an adjustment assembly.

I was looking at this: Ford Performance® M-2810-A - Front Adjustable Parking Brake Cable .But have not ordered it yet, anyone here tried it ???
  21. V

2020 Explorer

A while back I was driving the Ford to pick someone up and noticed the black car in front of me was labelled XC-40 I had been looking at the new Volvos for a while, but had given up due to too many problems with that new motor( that won all the awards last year ??). At that time I was not aware...
  22. V

2020 Explorer

Love Michelin tires but I want the wide street pack wheels/tires, is the wheel different with this package, hope so. See: "You can get them optionally on Limited two-wheel-drive and four-wheel-drive models with tire size for all variants being 255/55/20".
  23. V

just joined

I drove my 94 Aerostar for work many years and bought it from them, now it's my DD. But lately I seem to be liking the 20202 Explorer ST :)
Back