Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Why?

Geez! Yep I definitely will be buying off the Craigslist car lot
  2. B

Why?

Well hopefully he will realize that, and that’s another reason I will never buy anything new lol.
  3. B

Why?

I agree unfortunately I guess I’ll just have to keep buying cash cars lol Remember our explorers were 34,000 back in the day or at least mine was lol.
  4. B

Why?

I would love to get to the point we’re I can do all of that!
  5. B

Why?

That’s the thing I feel like these are an unsung “Toyota” I can’t put my thumb on it but they are certainly fun to drive and I love all the little clicks of the door handles and shifter knob!
  6. B

Why?

Yea I would prefer a 2wd as well
  7. B

Why?

That’s awesome I feel better!
  8. B

Why?

Well if I have to repair the trans I might as well change out the timing chains
  9. B

Why?

Ok awesome I’ll keep my eyes out!
  10. B

Why?

You guys are awesome thank you! It’s a shame I got the crap ex lol 5r55e and a sohc lol but with the wisdom y’all have given me I will go look for another one after I enjoy this one for a bit also what’s the most reliable set up y’all would recommend to look for motor and trans set up wise.
  11. B

Why?

Thank y’all!! Do you think I can do a swap over to a ohv engine?
  12. B

Why?

I have the sohc v6 are those reliable?
  13. B

Why?

Well for those of us trying to pay debt off it’s certainly nice!
  14. B

Why?

Why do we like these old explorers so much? My reason is because I find parts for soooo cheap compared to the little Kia Soul I drove before the ex, so far it hasn’t let me down, I can feel the tranny slip alittle but it’s nothing bad I’m even considering saving and just drive it for as long as...
  15. B

Outside temp display

Yes sir that would be nice I kinda find joy in working on the explorer this is more or less the first vehicle I have had to work on so it’s fun but frustrating at the same time
  16. B

Outside temp display

Will do I will hit up My local pick and pull to see what they have
  17. B

Outside temp display

It’s the thin micro chip looking part that’s broken and I don’t think I can fix it without it
  18. B

Outside temp display

There’s was ALOT of great information there but I don’t know if y’all noticed or not but this piece is broken also any ideas on how to fix this?
  19. B

Outside temp display

Yes! Mine did also! But I Replaced every fuse in the fuse panel inside of the explore in the windows and everything started working again the only thing that wasn’t working was the outside temperature monitor and the lights won’t work on it either
  20. B

Outside temp display

Hey guys display took a crap as well as the lights all my other cab light work expect these ( changed the bulbs ) was wondering is anyone knew we’re I could find parts to rebuild this myself or offer any advise otherwise.
  21. B

Parking brake dash light

I know the kit came with all new star heads and springs as well as pads I adjusted they as far as they would go
  22. B

Parking brake will not engage

Hello pit new parking brake pads on the explorer and they still aren’t engaging any advise or tips?
  23. B

Parking brake dash light

Thanks! Also is there a way to tighten the cable?
  24. B

Parking brake dash light

Hey guys my parking brake light has been on on my dash I’ve replaced the parking brake pads and I have fluid in the reservoir what else am I missing? 2000 xlt 4.0 4x4
  25. B

Online part store

Hello everyone! I hope your all having a fantastic day as I am! I was wondering what the majority thinks what online part stores offer semi-quality parts at competitive prices, also has anyone here bought parts such as brakes, shocks,etc on eBay if so how would you rate them I don’t trust the...
Back