Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. dstewart51

Tuning

91 and 93 tunes are the same tune. I'm told running 93 will give you 8-10HP more. I would run 93 if it was available, but I live in a third world country (CA).
  2. dstewart51

Tuning

If you let it fully cycle and come to ready, its much harder. But I'm glad I did anyways, it allowed me to feel and see the difference between the two states again, stock was lame.
  3. dstewart51

Tuning

So I returned back to the stock tune for a week (had to take it to the dealer for a few things, not related). I can tell you how much I didn't like the stock tune after 8K miles of tuned. It just felt wimpy and slightly lethargic. Also I come to love the 1,2,3... sequential shift and the...
  4. dstewart51

Tuning

The LMS tune does not seem to alter the downshifting behavior much. I noticed the same as you if I downshifted at lower specific RPM's. I want to say, I seem to recall at higher RPM's it did a much better job rev matching on the down shifts.
  5. dstewart51

JLT Oil Separator - ST

Thank you, but I already have it covered :) I lived in Phoenix for 28 years, best friend still lives there ;).
  6. dstewart51

JLT Oil Separator - ST

Just talked to them, they are not too interested in a group buy discount. They said they are doing their holiday 10% off, free shipping sale now through Friday (hence the 10% off on Amazon, the discount is reflected in the check out cart). No matter, I'm going to order one.
  7. dstewart51

JLT Oil Separator - ST

Got tied up with work, forgot to call, I can call tomorrow.
  8. dstewart51

JLT Oil Separator - ST

Last I checked (about two weeks ago) they still needed an Explorer ST to check fit and come up with a parts kit. Ill call them Monday and get something started for a group buy.
  9. dstewart51

Oil Change Question

You need this, makes o-ring removal easy; Robot Check
  10. dstewart51

Multiple suspension noises

You have to call and request a buy back.
  11. dstewart51

Tuning

Not lbft, both the 10R60 and 10R80 are rated in NM, while info is still hard to come by for the 10R60 spec'd version, see here for the 10R80 specs; Ford 10R80 10 Speed Automatic Transmission Specs Transmission: Ford 10R80 Type: 10 speed triple overdrive automatic transmission Assembly...
  12. dstewart51

Tuning

The trans feels fantastic. The rating is more a class, not a hard measured limit, but it is in NM to the input shaft. The 10R60 is basically the same as the 10R80 but there is some change that required the de-rating. There is a guy on Facebook, Brian Updyke, that runs the Palm Beach Dyno...
  13. dstewart51

Snow in SoCal

So we had over a foot of snow where I live (mountains north of Los Angeles). The Explorer did great in the snow, even with the stock 21" Street Package wheels and Pirelli's. I used both the Deep Sand/Snow mode and the Slippery mode, they both seem to engage the front drive 100% of the time...
  14. dstewart51

2020 ST Tuning

Can’t get E85 anywhere near where I live or work.
  15. dstewart51

2020 ST Tuning

Tuned ST vs Stock ST vs Stock SRT E85 is not available everywhere and fuel mileage drops significantly, like 30-45% drop. The performance potential is fantastic with its 108 octane, it allows high boost and very aggressive injection and ignition timing. E85 is like street legal race gas, but...
  16. dstewart51

Tuning

8,000+ miles on mine and it’s running great.
  17. dstewart51

2020 ST Tuning

^ They ran e50 fuel (not pump) in the video above, cant really judge anything off that.
  18. dstewart51

5 Star Group Buy (dont buy)

Would love to see what kind of 0-60 and 1/4 mile times with pump 91 you get. Do you have a Dragy GPS by chance? Also, any change to the shift points or behavior?
  19. dstewart51

2020 ST Tuning

Yes, there are a few folks here that have. See this thread for info on the Livernois tune; Muahahaha Other popular tunes are 5 Star and Palm Beach Dyno. Not sure anyone can tell you one is better than the other with any real data.
  20. dstewart51

JLT Oil Separator - ST

If they use your car to test fit, you get to keep the parts no charge. They said they would only need a few hours of your time. Please let us know if you can, there is about 10 of us on there waiting for the kit.
  21. dstewart51

5 Star Group Buy (dont buy)

Its the same engine, given the same fuel you can only get so much out of it regardless who the tuner is. Some tunes may push the risk of damage a bit further than others is all. If someone claims they can get more power out of it than everyone else I would look elsewhere.
  22. dstewart51

Oil Change Question

27mm does the job
  23. dstewart51

Sound after sitting a while

I've heard mine "detect" my presents, don't recall if I had my key fob on my or not. Could be your smartphone and the Ford App talking to Sync to wake things up (pure unfounded speculation).
Back