Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Air bag light/Drivers seat woes

With the new mot checks I need to sort 2 problems. 1. Air bag warning light. Tried cleaning etc, goes off for a bit sometimes, then comes back on. Think it is passengers seat after reading the flashes. 2. Drivers seat doesn't move. I know there is power to the seat, but moving the switch does...
  2. C

Items for sale

Still got the drivers seat
  3. C

New spark plug record

First time took me 3 hours!
  4. C

Drivers seat module

Anyone any ideas on this?
  5. C

i am back

I have never had parts wrapped as well as yours!
  6. C

Oil leak from the front diff

Check this: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=407488 When I did mine
  7. C

Front diff oil-seal **NEEDED**

got mine from rock auto
  8. C

Items for sale

Grey North Face leather drivers memory seat, with seat track and switches. Fully working but missing headrest. £50 Drivers seat base, not memory model. Not seen working, but bought as working. £25 Both on ebay. pick up Essex
  9. C

Power seat no workie

I know this was a while ago, but where exactly is this ground to be found as I'm having probs with an 00 Ex. Although I'm getting all the power inputs required to the seat and power to the memory switch Cheers
  10. C

Continuing seat problem

Auto electrician has possibly narrowed down the fault to the DSM as I'm getting all the power inputs needed, but has a dead short on the switch on the seat (which I know works as I tried it on the passenger seat). He also said these can be temperamental in that a working one from one seat may...
  11. C

Power drivers seat

My 00 did this for years. Now the seat has stopped working completely. Even swapped a working seat for mine, still doesn't work! Auto electrician thinks it may be the DSM. Still struggling!
  12. C

Drivers seat module

Auto electrician has possibly narrowed down the fault to the DSM as I'm getting all the power inputs needed, but has a dead short on the switch. He also said these can be temperamental in that a working one from one seat may not work when used in another vehicle. This may explain why a working...
  13. C

Everything you wanted to know about: "Memory Seats"

Do the DSM,s for a 2000 model have to be programmed for the car or a just a direct swap?
  14. C

Continuing seat problem

Still not working. I have tried a replacement seat that I know and have seen working. This doesn't work when plugged into mine. I know there is power to the connector from the floor. I also know there is power to the switch that controls the memory function on the door, however the green diode...
  15. C

Continuing seat problem

Still not working. I have tried a replacement seat that I know and have seen working. This doesn't work when plugged into mine. I know there is power to the connector from the floor. I also know there is power to the switch that controls the memory function on the door, however the green diode...
  16. C

Diagnostics

how to connect it to the vehicle?
  17. C

Continuing seat problem

Today I Found the following: The Drivers seat base and multi position switch work. I tested by putting them both on the passengers seat. Couldn't try the passenger seat in the drivers side as the main connector from the floor is different! I found a couple of wires on the drivers multi...
  18. C

Continuing seat problem

Today I Found the following: The Drivers seat base and multi position switch work. I tested by putting them both on the passengers seat. Couldn't try the passenger seat in the drivers side as the main connector from the floor is different! I found a couple of wires on the drivers multi...
  19. C

Continuing seat problem

Its a UK north face and has memory seats. I will be splicing in a new wire. Just can't believe it left the factory like that. Thanks for your help
  20. C

Continuing seat problem

I have managed to get the pins out of the connectors. Where can I buy the pins? I might just replace both green wires as the seat was working fine till recently. Still cant believe this was 'Factory'. Also I cant find a wiring diagram for the drivers seat
  21. C

Continuing seat problem

Well decided that as I have had problems in the past, I should try a new seat base. Obviously this didn't work either! Then thought it might be the switch, because I know the seat is receiving power, its just not making the seat work. Then thought that if this doesn't work either, there must be...
  22. C

Continuing seat problem

I have managed to get the pins out of the connectors. Where can I buy the pins? I might just replace both green wires as the seat was working fine till recently. Still cant believe this was 'Factory'. Also I cant find a wiring diagram for the drivers seat
  23. C

Continuing seat problem

Well decided that as I have had problems in the past, I should try a new seat base. Obviously this didn't work either! Then thought it might be the switch, because I know the seat is receiving power, its just not making the seat work. Then thought that if this doesn't work either, there must be...
  24. C

Continuing seat problem

Managed it with a cut down socket! hopefully the new seat base will solve it. Didn't realise how much electrical stuff is under the seats
  25. C

Continuing seat problem

Thanks for that. I cant reach the other connectors under the seat as it is low. My thought is that the power would go from the supply, through the motor then to the switch. I have got another seat base as I have had problems with this seat before, but cant access the bolts to get them out.
Back