Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

I Need Traction...

tough news man...sorry to hear that...but as far as your rig, i think we got a similar setup...2wd, spindles and all that jazz...i run a power-trax locker and i love it...best thing ive done for my rig...it will suprise many people when you take it palces and tell them it's a 2wd...i think for...
  2. D

Tire/Wheel Combo Recomendations

yeah, 18's will fit just fine...search around a little and you'll find plenty of trucks like yours sitting on some 18's...here is one example... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189801
  3. D

Tire/Wheel Combo Recomendations

by larger, are you reffering to wheels (like dubs) or tires?
  4. D

Tire rotation

1) yes 2) 3k-5k 3) depends on if im running directional or not...usually i just cross them up 5) when it starts to rattle more so than it already does
  5. D

New shoes for my 02 Sport

that's one of the first sports on dueces that ive actually liked. very clean. good choice:thumbsup:
  6. D

Your Favorite Song to Bump?

Mount Sims-How We Do:confused: J-Kwon-Tipsy=lots of thumping
  7. D

Getting some looks

i get plenty of looks for several reasons...1) pitbull rockers sound like a turbo prop coming down the road 2) i have candycane painted shackles (barber poll status) 3) huge so cal sticker on the front windshield...oh yeah, not many people have seen lifted xploders in their lives...the good...
  8. D

fender trimming

just get em and put them on...cut what you need...if you arent gonna offroad it, you wont have to cut as much since you wont worry about flex...
  9. D

4.0 exhaust

i got just the muffler and took it to a shop where they hooked me up with a custom cat back...just 2.5" from the cat all the way back...here is the link for imco...http://www.grabthepower.com
  10. D

4.0 exhaust

imco extreme...no questions asked:D ...i actually have the imco turbo which is pretty darn nice sounding when dumped...it sounds good with a pipe too. dont mess with the flowies...too ricey with the 4.0
  11. D

fender trimming

:p: ehhh, yeah, i guess that didnt sink in the first time...shipping would probally be pretty steep with those flares i would imagine...i think 32x11.5 is fairly large for a tt & shackle setup. i had 31x10.5 swampers with spindles and tt and still had to trim so they wouldnt rub while...
  12. D

fender trimming

put some glass on the front and you could probally fit 33's without a lift
  13. D

What size tire on 15x8?

pirelli scorpion at...those things are amazing in the snow and they wear like iron
  14. D

How much fender to cut out?

if you dont mind a little bit of al lift, get some spacers for the front and shackles for the rear...i imagine if you cut the hell out of the fenders, you could fit something like a 33x10.5...you would want an 8" rim though, 10 would be pushing it i would think.
  15. D

Tire size

i had to trim with 31x10.5 swampers...that was with lift spindles...you def will have to trim a fair amount i would suspect...every rig is different though...go for it, trimming doesnt hurt anything...
  16. D

K&N Drop-in Air Filter?

i had one too and was thinking i would feel something noticable...probally because of all the hype...i felt nothing and it makes sense, it is just a filter, and a good one at that, but the effects wont be that noticable with just that. i now have a mac intake and have felt a difference with...
  17. D

Painted Rims?

im digging the red personally:thumbsup:
  18. D

wheel and tire help

i dont like the look of the low pros...i think you will loose the look of a "mud truck" with those on them...you can get way nice smaller rims, like 16's and it will look clean and still have the more rugged look...low pros and rugged looks just dont work..some guys on here have some 17's with...
  19. D

wheel and tire help

get some nice 16's...20's with 33's have a lower profile...plus it will look kinda ghetto...and as stated, the price will be through the roof when replacing tires///
  20. D

BFGoodrich KM2??

well that sucks...no 15's
  21. D

BFGoodrich KM2??

well that most def. isnt a 22"er there...all the talk on a jeep forum is that they will be available this fall (07) for roughly the same price as the current ones...someone did mention that sizes would start at 35's...not sure about all this but im guessing that a place like 4 wheel parts would...
  22. D

Project X = Tires ???

thanks for posting those pics froader...uh, pine mountain is maybe 10-15 miles from frazier park, which is pretty much where the 5 crosses the grapevine...maybe 30 minutes from hungry valley...we are little mountain people...
  23. D

Project X = Tires ???

i had a pair before the rockers and i loved them...super quite and they held their own in all conditions...super impressed with them in the snow and ice. they come siped and perform better than any other mud tire ive seen in these conditions...they are also awesome in the sand as well...the only...
  24. D

Project X = Tires ???

get some trxus mt's and i think you will be more than happy
  25. D

would there tires fit on a 94 exploree sport?

eh...that might not ride so hot...ive heard of guys doing that and it doesnt ride well at all on the street...maybe others have better experiences...why are you only putting them on the back?
Back