Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

ABS Light and Cruise Control Question

My ABS light was on but my cruise worked fine. I replaced the rear sensor and now everything is working. I have noticed in the forum, if the cruise is not working and the abs light is on, it is a problem with the sensor on the master cylinder, not the rear sensor. Hope this helps
  2. K

2003 Ford Explorer Rear Differential Whine

I have the same whine, drives me crazy. Can anybody tell me what they paid to have the rear end fixed out of warranty? I would like to get it fixed, but have not had the time to take it in and I dont have thousands to fix it. Any help would be great,
  3. K

4x4 does not work

I agree with Houselift. I had the same problem - Only 2 wheel drive worked, no lights, no 4x4, no anything. This all seemed to happen after the battery died, so I replaced the 4x4 module behind the glovebox. It only took me 10 minutes to replace and I had 4x4 again. On thing I did notice...
  4. K

Rear end noise

Hey EricM, I noticed you are from KC, me too. Which dealership did you get your ex repaired at for only $250? I will have to pay them a visit.
  5. K

Question on O3 Explorer

In my experience most do this when they first start. But if it doesn't stop after a minute I would get the fan clutch checked. I doubt they are very expensive.
  6. K

Rear end noise

I have an 02 V8 Tow Package, the whine on mine didnt start until about 60K. Has anybody had the bearings repaired at a dealership OUT of warranty? I would be interested in the cost of getting it fixed. I can live with mine, but would love quite again.
  7. K

2002 4x4 problems

I had the same experience as drakekilla, when I started the explorer and all the dash lights came on, the 4x4 High would not light up. After changing the module the 4x4 High light now lights up for 1 or 2 seconds after startup. I would see if your light comes on, if not give the module a...
  8. K

2002 4x4 problems

Well, I started this threat many months ago, but I finally decided to installed the new module lastnight. It took about 10 minutes and I now have 4 wheel drive. Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions!
  9. K

So I got the Diff replaced

So, what would a guy expect to spend at a dealership to get this repaired? I have a 2002 that has the problem, and I dont know if I should live with it or fix it. Thanks guys
  10. K

Crap... new ring/pinon/bearings

Not trying to hijack or anything, but curious...I am having the annoying whine problem on my 2002 and obviously am out of warranty. My question is how much can I expect to spend at the dealership to get this fixed, and is really even worth it. Is it going to cause harm, or just drive me crazy...
  11. K

2002 4x4 problems

Just one more question while we are on the subject...Where is the module located? I understand that it is behind the glovebox, but is it on the right side possibly the one with a Bosch sticker on it, or would it be on the left side with a green sticker on it. Sorry for the dumb questions...
  12. K

2002 4x4 problems

Thanks alot for the reply Wash. Were you having a similar problem with your 4 wheel drive? If so I am going to give it a try this weekend and avoid paying a dealership to run diag. Thanks again for the help, it is really appreciated.
  13. K

2002 4x4 problems

I know this has been addressed, but I would like some opinions. My 2002 limited has 4x4 problems. when I first start and drive the car there is no 4 wheel drive. The light wont come on when pushed and the automatic 4x4 does not work (wheels slip on slippery pavement.) After the car is...
Back