Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Disgusting grinding noise from passnger lock

Well today, i put it in drive and my power locks locked..but i noticed a short grinding noise in my passnger side lock. when i got out, i go to lock it..and the grinding noise continues, its almost like the lock is trying hard to work, but its stripped or something. Now it wont even lock. any...
  2. E

Best place to run through firewall?

yeah the grommet barely fit my 4 ga wire, no way it will fit 1/0 how about through the steering boot?
  3. E

i wanna run mine on the drivers side to stay away from my RCA's
  4. E

Im running out of options for a firewall for 1/0 gauge.. Can anybody show me pics or give me an idea where to run through the firewall of an EX, ive got 1/0 gauge wire..let me know
  5. E

Got the new gear installed

yeah its been a rough, busy week, ill get some pics and vids up as soon as i can.
  6. E

Woofer up, port back.
  7. E

Well, i put it all in wednesday : Fi 15BL in 3.8 at 34hz American Bass XD 1800 at 14.2 volts:) RE comps coming this weekend. All i gotta say is that it pounds, hard. Ill have pics up on photobucket, or imageshack later tonight.
  8. E

2 Questions (Deadener, and door clips)

Where can you get the door plug pliers from, ive looked at my hardware store, cant find them..got a link?
  9. E

2 Questions (Deadener, and door clips)

How many ft^2 will it take to do my two front doors? Whats the best (for the price) deadener i can get? And where can i get some of the christmas tree replacement clips, mine are all torn up.
  10. E

what are good 10" subs

x2 on the FI's, great subs, especially for the price.
  11. E

will 6.5 round fit? or just 5.25

If you make it too thick, wont the speaker hit the door panel
  12. E

whast the maximum mounting depth for a 96?
  13. E

where to put a amp

I do, not the BEST way to do it, but its not a bad way.
  14. E

dang, those things barely fit in that 5x7 adapter, i think im gonna go with some 6.5 focals..wagonized, how much could you make a pair of those things for me?
  15. E

anyone else runnin 6.5's and wanna show me how they made them fit?
  16. E

http://www.cardomain.com/item/SCOSA68 ^ would these work?
  17. E

wagonized, which adaptors did you order? and where did you get them from
  18. E

Hey everyone, Im looking at gettin some new comps, and i was just wondering if i could fit 6.5's in the 5x7 location..(adapter brackets) let me know asap as im ordering tommorrow, thanks
  19. E

Sub placement in an EX

or sub up port up?
  20. E

Sub placement in an EX

Im building my box, and im wondering where is the best postition for my sub, sub up port back, or sub back port back..let me know thanks
  21. E

where the ground be

i found a nice bolt on the middle sealbelt assembly. Its not the one on the top, but the one on the bottom on the right side of the seatbelt (looking towards front of car)
  22. E

How many amps is my stock alternator?

how bout like 1800 watts at 14 volts, thats more realistic to the amplifiers i might choose
  23. E

is this alt. efficiant enough to power a 2500 watt sub amp? ive gotg a heavy duty battery and im gonna upgrade my big three
  24. E

Ive got a 96 xlt, 5.0 jw about how many amps my stock alternator is puttin out?
Back