Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

A/C won't work when accelerating

Just did a quick test and when the A/C stops blowing through the front vents, it keeps blowing through the defrost.
  2. F

Also a few months back I noticed that the temp control stopped working for a day. It was stuck on hot until I moved it back and forth between hot and cold til it worked again. Does this mean a definite vacuum leak? Also where would be the best place to look for the leak? Thanks in advance.
  3. F

For a while now I've noticed that whenever I have to accelerate my A/C stops blowing cold air until the engine has slowed down a bit. It's as if it will not work when there is a load on the engine. Is this normal behavior for my truck?
  4. F

Weird Electrical Problem

I just checked the battery and its starting fine. Literally a second to start the engine. It doesn't seem to be the battery since it's not sluggish to start at all. Its just weird that it happened so randomly.
  5. F

Weird Electrical Problem

Hello, Does anybody know what would cause a complete blackout of the electrical system in a 2000 explorer? The battery seems good and it always cranks quick. But today after leaving class I went to turn on the truck and it just mad a click noise and then nothing. No interior or exterior...
  6. F

Who Makes this Kit?????

That doesn't even look like explorer knuckles. Don't explorers use pinch style upper ball joints not threaded ones? I know mine does.
  7. F

Loose Driver Seat

Check the bolts that go into the upper part of the seat. I had one come loose and cause alot of slack in the seat. You have to pull the cover up a bit to access them.
  8. F

Torsion/Coilover Conversion

No problem, lemme know if you need pics of anything in particular.
  9. F

Sure I'll post pics tommorow as soon as I get home from school.
  10. F

I did this conversion on my truck a while back. I used QA1 HAL-UR5855 Shocks. DO NOT get the shocks with bushings, they will split and the mounting bolt will rattle around in the eyelet damaging the shock and giving a harsher ride.. Fortunately I caught it in time and replaced the bushings with...
  11. F

Vibrating gas pedal?

Mine does this from time to time too. I just thought it was normal.
  12. F

Pioneer In-Dash Changer Jammed

Mine does that sometimes too. What i do is stick a credit card in and jiggle it to try to get the cd to grab and get ejected. Works so far :)
  13. F

Message center into explorer sport

I did it just recently on my 2000 sport. You will need to go to a junk yard and find the harnesses, oil sensor, and washer fluid sensors. You will need lots of wire , wire connectors and etc. Since you have a 99 make sure that the message center is from a 99 or above because I made a mistake...
  14. F

bushings for aftermarket leaf packs?

Four wheel parts carries bushings for superlift springs, Poly i believe.
  15. F

I need a technical description of "FUEL FLOW RATE" pin 43 on PCM

I just finished installing a message center in my exp too and i seem to have the same problems. My MC is from a 97-98 exp i believe and i cant get the fuel mileage to work. the only thing that seems to work is the gallons used feature. I was looking thru the install guide...
  16. F

Coil-over conversion Done!!

Here's a couple of pics to show the space available. Keep in mind that this is a spindle lifted truck. Stock spindle results may differ.
  17. F

The QA1's are supposed to be mounted shaft up, according to the instructions. Im going to look for some 750/800 pound springs soon, since these are gonna eventually sag once they get settled in.
  18. F

Yes, 2wd with spindle lift. There seems to be enough room left for 4wd CV shafts (without the really long bolt in the way of course) QA1 Ultra ride 5855 - 11 1/2-ish closed 17 open. 700 pound coils but I think they are too weak. I have them cranked almost all the way up and I still need a...
  19. F

Rides VERY nice too These are the pics of just after the test drive. I noticed the split bushing on the top mount and just changed it. The washer i used was too small and i tightened it to much causing the bushing to split under load, the other side was just fine. I changed the bushing and...
  20. F

It can be done! Nevermind the bump-stop, thats just temporary till i can think of something better. Yes, i know the bottom bolts are way to long but they only had 4 inch bolts at the time. I'll change that later :) P.S : sorry bout the crappy pic quality, its from my phone.
  21. F

Mod a 4x4 to run lift spindles

i think you need 2wd rotors too
  22. F

Throw the torsion bars away. 2nd gen coil over swap.

I'm already attempting to do this with my explorer. I've already recieved the shock mounts and hardware from RCD and I'm looking at these shocks. http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=HAL%2DUR5855B&N=700+4294925130+4294839061+4294848303+115&autoview=sku After I...
  23. F

Aluminum wheels

i used 3m rubbing compound to get rid of the 2000 grit scratches.
  24. F

Aluminum wheels

I started with 800,1000,1500, then 2000 and they came out great.
Back