Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2013 Explorer Sport, replaced left mirror, now has BLIS/CTA fault

The mirror was destroyed before we bought the car, previous owner's son had contact with another vehicle. You'd think BLIS would have warned him of that.:)
  2. S

2013 Explorer Sport, replaced left mirror, now has BLIS/CTA fault

So, bought the mirror new from Ford Dealership as per the VIN. everything works, tilt/fold/mud light etc. Easy install of course but I get these faults constantly which keep coming back after hitting OK on the wheel. Does the mirror have to be "Mated" to the car with a scan tool? Or do I have...
  3. S

2013 Sport 3.5 EB Died in traffic cranks won't fire up

It sounds very healthy right now and my son sold the cat to a scrap dealer for $175. Playing the meth-head game I guess.
  4. S

U bet and it won't need fuel pump /module and throttle body for the rest of its life. Probably not going to get a third cat either because the exhaust note is so sweet and we don't do emissions testing here, who knows maybe pick up a MPG?
  5. S

Solved!! I was way off too. There is a third cat on these cars, I didn't pay it much attention rolling around on the floor, it would be obvious were the car on a hoist. Anyway it was plugged solid. Replaced it with pipes pro-tempus and she's a rocket ship. Thanks for all your help guys, wahoo!!!!
  6. S

I just got my new laptop to use with the OBDLink ex and Forscan, I will run the koeo test today. I feel like I have thrown 2 sinks at it , getting nowhere.
  7. S

Installed the throttle body assembly today. D'oh!!!! Still won't start.
  8. S

True on the O2 sensors, they will be replaced but they have no bearing on cold start open loop running. It's my son's car he's in 12th grade so I don't want to spend his money unwisely. The parts I erroneously threw at it are on me, we have a throttle body assembly coming and if that doesn't do...
  9. S

I have to find a reliable way to test the throttle body, because the code can point to bad communication with PCM, one or both could be bad or a crappy connection. I'm about ready to throw in the towel on this one, cuz "Baby it's cold outside".
  10. S

Still not starting but I now have codes PO223(Pending) and PO122 PO131 PO132 (historic)
  11. S

Ok I'm getting closer. Spark advance #1 cylinder 10 degrees cranking. The engine has been flooding all along, I mistakenly thought it was starving. When I disconnect the fuel inlet valve solenoid on the High pressure fuel pump it will actually run quite normal for about 10 seconds until it runs...
  12. S

Latest update, sent the dongle back it will not connect to 4 different cars but pairs with my phone. Used a OBDLink sx USB and it works well. So Fuel system 1 status is open loop (Cold engine of course) Fuel system 2 status Unknown. What are fuel systems 1and 2? Short term fuel % trim bank 1 =...
  13. S

Update, checked compression on cyl #6 120 psi. Chain didn't jump. May check the rest tomorrow. Spark at same hole jumps a 1" gap good fat blue spark. So either the injectors are not providing enough fuel, or spark timing is out. How do we check timing on the ecoboost?
  14. S

We bought The car, running with a blown left turbo. We replaced that and cleaned both cats. It ran for 2 days very smooth at idle and low load, with a miss under load at speed. It quit in traffic as mentioned above, a new set of sparkplugs and it ran for a few minutes in the driveway then...
  15. S

My old compression tester went south on me, I'll pick one up. Before this happened the engine ran very smooth at idle with no issues but the heavy missfires at 50mph and up. When the car quit, son was just cruising home from school in medium traffic all seemed well until it crapped the bed. If...
  16. S

Well the new pump is in, great idea for the floor access ecoboost. The car still does not run. I am beyond stumped and aching like crazy. What should I check next?
  17. S

Thanks for the heads up, no jigsaw. I will be cool but dry tomorrow, actually looking forward to the job now. Sorta.
  18. S

Ooh, I think this is the ticket. Do you remember if there is enough clearance to use a jigsaw with a shortened blade? I only have a straight pair of tinsnips but can buy the L and R curved if needed. How long did it take you?
  19. S

Just a super weak idle for 15-20 seconds then dies.
  20. S

Also, does anyone have a decent link to a step by step on dropping this tank please?
  21. S

Back at it today, fuel pump is here don't want to do it. Installed the driver module as a hail Mary, no change. Can't get a siphon hose to reach the fuel so it's gonna be a bit dodgy dropping the gas tank. Earlier I had reported fuel rail pressure over 1000 psi which is fine but I am having...
  22. S

So this is where I got the idea FWIW but I will replace the module anyway just because. https://www.fordflex.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20842
  23. S

mguy it wasn't under load, that was with the dying idle and really smelly exhaust like an old carbureted engine that was icing up/running too lean. I can't run any real tests on it until it runs period, the last times produced unburnt fuel which made a mess of everything. I really want it to...
  24. S

Ok thanks, I'll throw it in just in case, I did see a report on someone who had permanently jumped the module harness, 9A little hard on the pump and perhaps unsafe) but pump it did. I have a fuel pump on order but now it's time to go hunting, I'll get back on this car next week if it isn't too...
  25. S

I bought a new module from Ford, never installed it, bag unopened may return it. I jumped the four power wires in the harness, no go. I still believe there may be a problem with the low pressure side, is there a spec for the flow rate? or a way to test pressure>? The HP side reads well but the...
Back