Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Roll call

Howdy, I'm Murphy I currently reside in Mentor, Oh :)
  2. T

driveshaft issue

I got that shaft back together. prolly need a replacement soon but I'm keeping my fingers crossed..
  3. T

driveshaft issue

not the half shaft up front. the actual driveline coming from the transfercase to the front pumpkin. This looks different than the cv joints I've seen before if that's what it is. Why wouldn't ford just use a u joint like everywhere else?? always gotta make it difficult...
  4. T

driveshaft issue

so I was changing out my transfer case and the bearing on the back of the front driveshaft came apart.. :-( anyone know a way to get this back together?
  5. T

How many miles on your 3RD GEN! orig. tranny????

I have an 02 XLS 4.0 with the 5r55w. I currently have 156,6xx just started slipping between 2nd and 3rd today. She's seen some hills some offroad and some towing. and at times she's had all three at once. Never been easy on vehicles, Yet they still seem to last. Anybody had the pleasure of...
  6. T

02 Mountaineer rear glass hard to latch shut.

I had my hinges replaced but it didn't change the way it shuts
  7. T

02 Mountaineer rear glass hard to latch shut.

I have an 02 explorer and my liftgate is hard to close as well.. I tried fooling around with it and nothing seemed to help. I just accepted the fact that it's one of those things.
  8. T

Tranny or Transfer case?

if I send 12v to the brown wire the 4X4 should engage correct?
  9. T

Tranny or Transfer case?

I was wrong about the abs light.. My car has the abs light on and my explorer has the air bag light on.
  10. T

Tranny or Transfer case?

Thanks for all the help guys. I guess I'm gonna have to take her to the stealership to pull those codes:help: Unless you guys have any more ideas......
  11. T

Tranny or Transfer case?

I tried sending 12 volts down the brown wire from the cigarette lighter like you said in another thread and it still didn't seem to kick in.
  12. T

Tranny or Transfer case?

4X4 high light flashing. I just checked it again I'm getting 3.8 volts on the brown wire in every setting, 4hi 4lo and 4auto.. it never changes:scratch:
  13. T

Tranny or Transfer case?

well my 4hi light isn't coming on
  14. T

Tranny or Transfer case?

alright so I got the motor working, and it will go into low..however the brown wire is only getting like 3.6 volts. so my question is where does that brown wire come from?? is there a relay that could be going out?
  15. T

Tranny or Transfer case?

I didn't totally understand what you were saying in the other thread :dunno: . however after having it all apart and seeing that "N" actually means neutral now I sort of understand :biggthump: . I'll check that brown wire in a min. I'm also having a fuse issue with the motor. the motor...
  16. T

Tranny or Transfer case?

why might the 4hi not be working ?? BTW Thanks for letting me pick your brain you've been a tremendous help!!
  17. T

Tranny or Transfer case?

so if my 4X4 hi isn't working it doesn't really have anything to do with my transfer motor being locked up
  18. T

Tranny or Transfer case?

thanks for the explanation...so does that mean I should be able to shift from 4auto to 4hi without the transfer motor?
  19. T

Tranny or Transfer case?

if hi is full time hi. Where does it go to engage in auto?
  20. T

Tranny or Transfer case?

I noticed when replacing the motor that the transfer case was labeled with an "H" "N" and a "L" I figured "N" was 4X4auto
  21. T

Tranny or Transfer case?

ok so my 4wd was acting up so I rebuilt the transfer case motor.. put everything back together and went to advance auto to replace the fuse.. Well fuses continued popping..So I got back in the truck and was leaving Advance, so I thought, no reverse.. no forward. However when I put it in drive...
  22. T

How to: Rebuild 4X4 Shift Motor

I have an 02 I just rebuilt the motor on. The motor seems to be working fine, travels between 4auto and 4low just fine but doesn't even try to go to 4high....
  23. T

No 4WD

Well I took the transfer case motor apart and it was def locked up. I cleaned it up and put a little grease on appropriate parts. Hooked it up to 12 volts and it took off spun free both ways. However when I reinstalled it it's not moving. There was a blown fuse under the hood I replaced.. I...
  24. T

No 4WD

I removed the motor and tested like your talking about and it didn't move. the clicking I was speaking of is coming from the control module behind the glove box.
  25. T

No 4WD

I didn't mean to sound rude.. I did do a good bit of searching. Everyone seems to be talking about the control module behind the dash. I have replaced that and I'm pretty certain it is in working order. My truck has 160k and I'm thinking the transfer case motor is locked. And yes after 160k I...
Back