Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

External Air Temperature Sensor

ok, I found the senser... behind the front grill... remove grill and it is right there... sweet
  2. M

External Air Temperature Sensor

bump I have an 02 explorer that reads from 99 - 102 all the time. Does it sound like an sensor error or a ground problem? Where is the sensor located? How hard is it to change?
  3. M

basic question about booting to XP disc on startup

MattB41212 is a genius lol. Thank a lot :thumb:
  4. M

basic question about booting to XP disc on startup

My laptop bit the dust. I get a UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME error on startup. Microsoft's website has directions on how to fix it, and it obviously starts with booting to the XP disc. I put the disc in, turn it on, and I never get to a screen where I can select repair. Do I have to do...
  5. M

any photoshop buffs? I have a project... (07 SportTrac)

I need someone to take pictures like this and completely redesign the front fascia/bumper as they see fit. Add bigger tires, different rims, etc. Add a roof rack... The doors, fenders, hood, tailgate and cab must remain untouched though....
  6. M

Toyota Forum

pirate has the best toyota forums around or www.wildyoats.com
  7. M

Ford Contour SVT or Taraus SHO

the back seats are upholstered to have lumbar and side bolsters, which most people aren't used to seeing in a rear bench seat, so they feel small, but it's to keep you from flying around :D
  8. M

Ford Contour SVT or Taraus SHO

That was a yamaha joint venture actually. I love my Contour SVT. You should be able to find them for under 8K with reasonable miles. all are leather, most have a sunroof. Only reliability flaw is the plastic impellor in the water pump (replace it with a metal one at the dealer). I would...
  9. M

my old and CURRENT projects, 350+hp Contour SVT, CJ8 rockcrawler, POS scout, 22 PICS

few more updates bobbed the bed built the frame Its too freeking cold up here.....
  10. M

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

mine? TT, add a leaf, shackles, 2" BL, 33" Safari AWRs, custom bumper mounts front and rear, custom hitch mounts rear, custom skid plate in front and a few tranny rebuilds... EDIT- or did you mean the CJ5? 360 AMC V8, Ford T18 trans with granny gear, D20 tcase, welded rear, LSD front...
  11. M

Guess this is goodbye, replaced the X Saturday

no need to leave. i sold my explorer 7 months ago and still lurk around from time to time
  12. M

Taurus Transmission Question

have you checked the fluid level? 95% of warranty returns are from low fluid and burning the clutch packs. Is the fluid a clean red or dark red?
  13. M

95 bronco question

what do you mean "work." A bronco is 5 on 5.5 pattern, so not the same as an explorer. If the tire is at least 11" wide for street use or 12.5" for offroad use and will clear the fenders, I can't see why not.
  14. M

my old and CURRENT projects, 350+hp Contour SVT, CJ8 rockcrawler, POS scout, 22 PICS

For those of you who don't know me, I used to have a 95 EB with TT, add-a-leaf, shackle and body lift, running 33" cooper STTs, Safari AWRs or occasionally 33" TSLs. It was an awesome ride, but I was ready for a change and a new build. The day I sold it I also had a 1974...
  15. M

Suspension or Body lift???

regear will be approx $350 in parts and labor would be from $500 to $1000 depending if you can find a deal.
  16. M

Anyone ever lift a Pathfinder?

www.4x4parts.com
  17. M

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

this is what she looked like right before i sold her
  18. M

how many of you have broken a flexplate?

no, it's not right, and I know others have this problem Ford has a documented Technical Service Bulletin, so they know its a problem. The old design was a 2 piece, welded together, the new flexplate is one piece.
  19. M

how many of you have broken a flexplate?

well after pulling my trans/tcase/exhaust it turns out that my motor is NOT seized, I've just broken yet another flywheel. This is now my 3rd flywheel. I was wondering how many others have broken them ON 4.0L OHV, YEARS 1991-1996 Ford knows that there was a problem because they have updated...
  20. M

b/h inspection plate on 95 auto??? (removing motor ?s)

Well, looks like I'll be pulling the motor on my 95 :( We pulled the starter and found small metal shavings on the inside lip of the flywheel. I think a bolt might be backing out of the flywheel and finally caused motor problems. I crawled under there last night and I can't find an...
  21. M

my motor is seized... any guesses why?

it did not overheat, but it got worse as the engine got hotter (until I shut it down) ... the oil pressure was always ok.
  22. M

nothing yet... tongiht I'm going to pull the plugs, drain the oil, pull the starter, try to turn it over by hand and hopefully find an inspection plate and take a look at the flywheel....
  23. M

ok, I finally got the motor to turn over with the starter, but it was VERY slow and wouldn't even come close to starting...
  24. M

yeah, thats why i'm not too stressed, I just need to know if it will work!
  25. M

I can get a 98 OHV motor shipped to my loading dock with 40K miles on it for $500, and then install it myself. I'm not afraid to replace the motor, but if it is just a freeze plug or something cheaper than $500, I would rather do that.
Back