Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

v8 badges missing-Now that we have it P0125, P0340 and P0171 codes. Please read !

Your profile says 2000 V8, do you already have one and looking for another?
  2. L

Pricing

My 2000 V8 AWD with 144,000 on it would sell around here for 3500-4000. Local ford dealer has a 2000 limited with 150k on it and they are asking $5995!
  3. L

Explorer under water!!!

I have a 2000 xlt with leather, moonroof and 144k miles that I will sell for $4k if you want another one. It is a V8 with AWD, great in the snow!
  4. L

fuel mileage thread

2000 V8 AWD averages 14 city and 17-18 highway.
  5. L

4WD or AWD: which would you rather have in a foot of snow?

My 2000 V8 AWD has always been awesome in the snow, never worried about getting where I need to be. Mileage wise, I can get right at 18 mpg staying at 75mph. In town if I baby it, I can maintain 14 - 16 mpg. That's with 141,000 on the meter.
  6. L

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

Now just over 140,000 all original except for some front suspension parts. In need of a radiator.
  7. L

Front end growl / vibration fixed! Finally!

My problem turned out to be a wheel hub. I swapped the hubs and my noise and vibration got worse on drivers side. Replaced with timken hub and all is well. Now I am looking at selling my Ex and getting an Expy. A 2006 Expy gets 14/17 mpg which is about the same as my V8 Ex. Not to mention a...
  8. L

To sell or trade?

Looks like it will be going in the classifieds soon. Found a2006 Expy with 62k on the clock and looks great.
  9. L

To sell or trade?

I am looking at swapping my 2000 awd V8 Explorer for an 06 EB Expedition. If I try to sell my ex with 139,000 on the clock and good condition, what is the going rate for them? I know the dealer that has the ex will beat me up just to make the money.
  10. L

Solving the kidneybuster ride

Under spr on the door tag it says 1F the stamp on the end of the tbars say LFA and RFA that is also on the sticker on the tbars just under the Ford part number.
  11. L

Solving the kidneybuster ride

My 2000 V8 AWD has 1F springs and A torsion bars if that helps you with stock spring/bar combos. My ride is pretty rough. I thought about pulling some tb's off of a Limited at the u-pull lot, I have heard that they are softer but i didn't know about the ratings on tbars. I thought about...
  12. L

Front differential bearing question!

I have a 2000 Awd ex with a front end noise that seems to be coming from where the passenger side cv joint goes into the differential housing. What I need to know is if there is a bearing or anything that holds the weight of the cv and the short shaft that goes into the pumpkin? That cv axle...
  13. L

Front end noise--PLEASE HELP

This sounds exactly like the same noise I am having. It has been a thorn in my side for a long time. Last night I put the rear axle on jack stands and put a jack under the left front by the lower ball joint and removed the wheel. I had my wife start the ex and put it in gear, no obvious...
  14. L

Front end growl / vibration fixed! Finally!

Don't feel bad, I have done both axle halfs, both wheel hubs, bearings in transfer case, and I am still living with the noise! I can just not bring myself to replace something that I can not physically see a problem with. I am going to have to check into the driveshaft because at 80+ mph she...
  15. L

Wanted Gas mileage seems less than usual

I got 19.3 out of mine with 150 miles city driving and got fuel with 334 miles out of the tank. I have been only getting in the 16 mpg hwy range so I was shocked when the calculator showed 19!
  16. L

Driveline vibration on deceleration - highway speeds

I am having the same problem only my vibration gets worse the faster I go. At 75+ it shakes so bad that things in the rear view mirror are blurry! I was wondering if it would be bad for the AWD transfer case to pull the front driveshaft and take a short drive at those speeds to see if problem...
  17. L

Heater core plugged???

You can take it somewhere and let them back flush the heater core. Or you can try to run water from your garden hose through the outlet side of the core and if anything is in there it should come out the inlet side.
  18. L

Slow loss of power and MPG, no CEL's or drivability issues

This may be a long shot, but could there be enough slack in the timing chain to cause spark detonation to be at the wrong time?
  19. L

Help! no power

Test the battery, if it is ok check your cables.
  20. L

Thinking of painting bumpers

The painted trim looks absolutely beautiful! Why Ford did not do this from the factory I do not know. Even on the older models I can not stand the grey trim that they throw on these vehicles. I love the idea of the two tone body colors like the Eddie Bauer units had! Ford needs to find...
  21. L

How many miles do you have

I got a parking brake cable off of a 97 ex with the v8 in a salvage yard and the odometer was at 285,000 miles.
  22. L

Fan question

Sorry, was in the yard and tried to find a quick answer. Question answered under "check your fan" sticky! Now need to know if the plastic blades can be taken off the fan clutch so I can use my clutch as the one in the yard unit is leaking fluid.
  23. L

Fan question

Will a steel blade fan from a 97 v8 ex work in place of the plastic fan on my 2000 v8? Found 2 at the yard and need to replace my plastic one before the cracks get too bad.
  24. L

Headlight/fog light interaction

I took the relay out that kills the fog lights in high beams and bent the tab back so I can run my fogs with high beams! Makes for great lighting!
  25. L

11-12mpg 5.0

I have a 2000 AWD V8 and am averaging 14-16 combined and the best I have had lately is around 17 mpg. My wife filled the ex up the other day and we are down to almost half a tank with just around 140 miles on this tank. Miles per gallon stink with these rigs but they are tanks!
Back