Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Rear Wiper arm mod

Thanks!!! I'm glad you guys worked this out. The wiper problem was driving me nuts.
  2. L

Mounty wiper

I have a new wiper arm...it didn't fix the problem. Thanks anyway.
  3. L

Mounty wiper

Thanks for the advice. I meant that I might start searching for the '02/'03 Sport hatch window in junkyards, but now I think I'll just forget about it. Too many home projects that need attention, and the Explorer has no ills except the wiper issue. It's probably better to just leave well enough...
  4. L

Mounty wiper

Thanks for the reply. Would have been too good to be true, anyway. So, it's time to check out the JY.
  5. L

Mounty wiper

My '01 EB has the usual rear wiper problem. I'm aware of the '02/'03 Sport hatch glass swap as a remedy, but is there a Mountaineer swap that will work? Does an '01 Mountaineer, for example, have the wiper included in the hatch glass? Just curious about options before going ahead with trying to...
  6. L

How to: END ALL 98-01 REAR WIPER PROBLEMS!

Would love to hear more about this mod so I can fix my 01 EB. Would it be worth going ahead and locating the hatch glass with wiper? Any leads for NC junkyards with Explorers?
  7. L

Radio Display is Out!!!!! Will A Dorman 586-001 aftermarket power supply board work.

Replaced the power board today in my 01 EB with the Dorman part 586-001. Bought it on Amazon for $60. Thanks to EBranning2012's write up, the install went smooth as silk. Display works now, and I'm a happy Explorer Forum member. BTW, I'm a grandpa, too!
  8. L

Door Ajar Light Won't Go Off

Have same problem intermittently on my '01 EB. Usually it's because the rear hatch isn't closed tightly.
  9. L

Rear wiper problem.

I'm anxious to hear about the fix for the wiper blade getting stuck in the crack between the bottom of the glass and the hatch. Mine does that, too, and it's driving me nuts.
  10. L

Body roll??????

If all else checks out OK, consider a front anti-sway bar upgrade. I replaced the factory unit on a '95 Sport with an Addco 1" dia. bar, and it made a world of difference. Hope you find your problem.
  11. L

What shocks to buy? Street driven only

Have been reading these posts with interest since I just bought a '01 EB, V8, awd that needs shocks. Have used several brands in my 50 years of owning autos and have never had a failure with Monroes. Even used their heavy duty gas struts on my '73 Civic autocross car. On the '01, I want a smooth...
  12. L

New shocks?

Thanks for the suggestion. I've used Monroes on a previous Explorer with good results and would rate them my first choice.
  13. L

New shocks?

We have a 2001 EB awd and need new shocks. Any recommendations for good quality ones that give smooth ride and decent handling?
  14. L

98 Explorer suddenly won't start - doesn't fire

Open the power box under the hood (driver's side), tap on the relay for the PCM...should start. I spent a ton of money on my '95 until I discovered the whole problem was a $12 relay. Can't hurt for you to try it.
  15. L

2002 XLT - Is the transmission guaranteed to fail?

'02 transmission failure My '02 had the trans problem that seems to plague all of them. The solenoid pack location is the wear point, and can be repaired by a competent shop with the proper equipment. After rebuild at 65K, mine worked flawlessly. It was the rear end problems that caused me...
  16. L

Tranny is shot - rebuild or replace?

tranny rebuild I had an 02 Ex with the same problems as described here and wound up having it rebuilt at 65,000 miles. There is an excellent rebuilder in our town who took the time to diagnose the real problem with the tranny, and then persevered with the repair. I haven't seen it discussed...
  17. L

Two Explorer Problems

side to side movement I had the same problems on my 95 Sport that you described. Fixed with new shocks and solid (Addco) front and rear anti-sway bars. The stock ones were hollow tubes.
  18. L

Just surfin'

Thanks for the welcome. I have spent the last 4 or 5 years on my Falcon project, and would like to do some mods to the Explorer now. The Falcon has a 302, Comp cam, 289 heads, C-4, 9 inch with Detroit locker, Shelby traction bars, subframe connectors, narrowed European bumpers, Granada disc...
  19. L

Just surfin'

I have been a member for several years, but haven't done any posts. I've owned my '95 Explorer Sport since '99, and regard it as one of the best vehicles I've ever had. With 133,000 miles on it, I'm just now beginning to experience a few problems. With the help of this forum, maybe the ol' girl...
Back