Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Who has a 2002 XLT??

I have about 14,000 on the 2002 Explorer XLT, 4x4 that I purchased a full year ago--late May 2001. It is an excellent car on the highway--smooth, stable, quiet--up to 85 mph. I haven't gone faster yet. I cannot comment on the off-road and previous explorer design and comparisons, because I...
  2. J

2002 Explorer

We have a 2002 Explorer, V-6, auto, 4 x 4. We just did two trips (2,000 and 3,000 miles). The speeds were 70-80 mph on Interstates. There were two people and a batch of luggage and etc. The gas mileage was 17.0 (+ or - a bit) Around town and via short drives (we live in the mountains)the mpg...
  3. J

2002 Explorer transmission problem

I mentioned a while ago that I had some transmission problems. (see post above) I found the SSM, or TSB numbers. The computer was reprogrammed and the transmission now works fine. If anyone has the problem I mentioned a couple of months ago and wants the ssm or tsb numbers, contact me.
  4. J

2002 Explorer transmission problem

I have a 2002 V-6, AT 4x4 Explorer. Around the speed of 25 mph, there is a clunk or thud that seems to be in the trans. I occurs about where an upshift should happen. First time I heard or felt it, it sounded like I ran over a golf-ball size rock. Well, that wasn't it. It seems to be in the...
  5. J

I just drove a 2002...

to side air-bag; or not to side air-bag! If we select side air-bags our 2002 Explorer will be produced in May; if we skip the side air-bags, the Explorer will be produced in April I would be pleased if anyone were to give suggestions, comments, or ideas about this decision as well as any...
Back