Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Solved 2001 Sport doesn't want to start in Park?

Turdle, you nailed it. Loose linkage under the dash. Tighten two torx bolts and good as new. Thanks brother.
  2. B

Thanks guys. I suspected it had a different name. I'll ckeck out the linkage while I'm at it. Shouldn't be a bad part to replace if needed.
  3. B

2001 Explorer Sport, 4.0, 2wd, Automatic My son's 2001 Sport occasionally will not start with the transmission in Park. It will sometimes start in Park after shifting through gears and back. It will start in Neutral. I'm guessing it's the Neutral Safety Switch? Can you adjust it or just...
  4. B

01 Sport parting out

Give it some thought. I need to replace the one on my sons sport. Thanks
  5. B

01 Sport parting out

How about the trim piece above the tag mount, on the hatch/tailgate, that covers the latch handle and tag lights? Thanks
  6. B

'03 Ex Sport lift gate latch broke

Same thing happened on my sons 2001 Sport. There are plastic clips that hold the latch mechanism rods together. One of them had broken. I took the broken part to a Ford dealer, he looked it up and had it in stock. Just a few bucks. The trick is getting the hatch open to access the inside. I was...
  7. B

Joining the Club - Just Bought a 2001 Sport Trac

Do a search. There some great write ups on both subjects. I used one to add a code to my son's Sport. I would link but I'm not sure how.
  8. B

Cylinder 4 misfire

I assume it is running like crap. I just went through something similar on my F-150. Talked to a local mechanic. He suggested these tests in order. 1. Plugs 2. Plug wires 3. Coil 4. Compression 5. Injector Luckily, mine stopped at plug wires.
  9. B

Painted the bumpers and cladding, No more grey nasty shiiii... WAHOO !!!

Very nice :thumbsup: Been thinking about doing that on my son's silver Sport. He wants to go with black wheels also. Looks great on black, wonder how it would look on silver. Please post a report on the durability against bugs and such.
  10. B

Help Please! Idle / Dieing Issues

Fixed! Removed and cleaned the IAC with carb cleaner and that did the trick. Driven for several days to make sure. The rpm has occasionally dipped down to 200-300 when shifting to park but pops back up hasn't died . A/C operation is back to normal. May still have to replace the IAC eventually...
  11. B

A/C Problem

Not sure about the diagnosis, never had that problem. Maybe some of the guys with that experience can help.
  12. B

A/C Problem

Do a search for "blend door". There are some fix it ideas from some smart guys. Hope it helps.
  13. B

Thanks guys. I'll try those suggestions and post the results.
  14. B

Jeremy, No CEL. Note that the compressor is cycling on and off every 10-15 seconds (maybe quicker) when idling. Seems to do fine at speed. All the other stuff happens whether the AC is on or not, just to be clear. It runs great other than when I stop and shift to reverse or park. Thanks
  15. B

Bumping back to the top. I checked the oil. No sign of water. Have driven it a lot, including a 700 mile round trip. Good milage (21-23 mpg). Idle is fine while running and stopped in drive, like at a red light. Idle is fine in park. No issues except it will die, most of the time, when shifting...
  16. B

2001 Sport 2wd AAL Question

Yes, it's a mult leaf pack (4 to be exact). The pack is around 2 9/16 wide. This is my first explorer and I've never seen a mono leaf. I assume that it's self explanatory and there is only one leaf. Thanks
  17. B

2001 Sport 2wd AAL Question

Here's the plan. AAL and shackles to correct some sag and lift the rear. TTB to lift the front. I've searched and found a lot of useful info but the AAL info I've found is for earlier models. The Procomp 13120 seems to be the kit of choice but it doesn't include the 2001 year in the...
  18. B

2wd TT lift question

Thanks guys.
  19. B

2wd TT lift question

Shooter, how much lift did you have after you max'ed your bolt travel? I'm probably only going to lift about 2" but I'm curious if anyone has lifted to the limit and what it is. Thanks.
  20. B

2wd TT lift question

I have a 2001 Sport 2wd. I've searched around and I've read that 2" is the recommended max lift on a 4wd TT lift because of CV bind. How much can you TT lift a 2wd before it is max'ed out or you run into other limitations? Thanks
  21. B

Help Please! Idle / Dieing Issues -FIXED! My vehicle: 2001 Explorer Sport 4.0 2wd It starts and idles fine. Usually idles around 900-1000 when first started and drops to 600-700 after a minute or two. After driving for a short time, the idle stays around 600 when stopped and in drive. When I...
  22. B

For Sale Parting Out 2001 Explorer Sport

Interested in a few things: If your interior code is AT, what is the condition and price for the console compartment lid and the upper section (cup holder area) of the console? Maybe even the entire console? Shipping to Alabama may be a little expesive but how about the rear bumper? Thanks
  23. B

Engine dies when shifting into Park.

I recently bought my son a 2001 Explorer Sport 2wd, 4.0. Starts fine. Idles fine. No issues stopping in traffic. After driving and for a while, the engine will die when he stops and shifts into park. Tried cleaning the MAF, no change. Any Ideas? Thanks
Back