Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. JoeMahma

96 explorer parting out

Do you have the CD changer?
  2. JoeMahma

'98 X- Mysterious Thumping sound when accelerating!

Does it happen only under hard acceleration?
  3. JoeMahma

Sister-in-law hit a tree, worht fixing?

That poor things a goner. :dead:
  4. JoeMahma

what's this part

Differential pressure feedback something. LOL.
  5. JoeMahma

Stupid rust

POR 15 is great stuff. Just make sure you top coat it if it will be exposed to the sun.
  6. JoeMahma

1997 Mountaineer: Exhaust Manifold crack and Torque Converter Lock-up Problem

Search online and you can find the manifold for under 150.00 and it's not really that hard to do. Had mine out and in in a few hours.
  7. JoeMahma

Noob ABS Sensor Problem

I second this. I believe the sensor is only held on with one bolt to the hub assembly.
  8. JoeMahma

Front wheel bearing?

Changed the bearing assembly and the chirping is gone. :D
  9. JoeMahma

Front wheel bearing?

Thanks for the reply. I get a little paranoid about the front bearings. I know two people that lost wheels because they let them go too long. LOL. I think I'm gonna buy one and put it on.
  10. JoeMahma

Front wheel bearing?

I'm having this issue. The front passengers side wheel on my Mounty is making a random chirping sound ( no pattern to it whatsoever ) when it gets above speeds around 15 to 20 mph. The noise does not change when the brakes are applied or when turning left or right. I inspected the brakes and all...
  11. JoeMahma

Removing Interior Get To Trans Access Plate

A little tip. If you just need to get to the access cover you can remove only the console and just use a utility knife to slice the carpeting in half over the top of the access panel. That way you can avoid removing the seats. I did this to mine and after the console is in place you would never...
  12. JoeMahma

'97 Smoking underhood

This is weird cause this just happened to me four days ago on my '97. I had a REALLY bad electrical smell and it was coming from what I thought was the blower motor. It turned out to be the alternator. The windings inside it were burning up. BTW: Advance auto parts worldwide alternators...this...
  13. JoeMahma

Drivers side rear door stuck locked...

Try working the outside door handle and pulling up on the lock knob on the inside at the same time. This works for mine.
  14. JoeMahma

Oops, I did it again...

Looks just like mine. Nice choice!:D
  15. JoeMahma

Car won't turn on

Yup. First things first...check those battery connections.
  16. JoeMahma

Clunking noise

awd?
  17. JoeMahma

loud bang! this can't be good!

Is the truck the 5.0 with AWD?
  18. JoeMahma

Replacing steel brake lines does this price sound good?

Got it done for 340.00 tax and all.
  19. JoeMahma

Bolt access / eng to trans

I would also try extensions a swivels through the access panel inside the truck. Good luck.:thumbsup:
  20. JoeMahma

Replacing steel brake lines does this price sound good?

I burst the line going to the rear. It's freezing here and I don't have a garage to work in so I took it to a local shop and was quoted 370.00 to replace all the steel lines front and back except the ones going from the abs unit to the master cyl. I thought this was pretty reasonable but wanted...
  21. JoeMahma

Wheel well liners! any ideas?

Maybe cut some out of old rubber floor mats.
  22. JoeMahma

Transfer case repair? 97 Mounty AWD

It's a really good time to check the junkyard for parts for our trucks due to the cash for clunkers vehicles being sent to the scrap yards. Honestly, for 200.00 more dollars I would go with a rebuilt unit instead of a used one.
  23. JoeMahma

As above but remove the center console to access the upper transfer case bolts (access panel). Search on here for how to remove the console...very easy to do. I would just drive it up onto ramps as well instead of jack stands.
  24. JoeMahma

Just try to find a used one. Trust me, it's not that hard to replace. Good luck. :) And by the way...that sounds a little high for a new case and labor. A rebuilt will cost you a little over 700.00. If you do drive it without the front shaft on it will roll when in park so be careful.
Back