Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 01export

Front wheels will not engage in 4 wheel dr

I replaced them in the 01 sport too.
  2. 01export

Front wheels will not engage in 4 wheel dr

Wheel hub assembly is bad. From 95 to 05 ford couldnt figure out their hubs suck. I had a ranger same problem, replaced them at a cost of about 125 each, it worked. Now my 02 explorer is having same problem those are a little more costly at over 300 a set. I wouldnt buy from ebay, i went thru 2...
  3. 01export

Who has plans for Winter?

I plan on putting Fox coilovers up front to get rid of those ungodly torsion bars and a winch as well. maybe some lockers if I can afford them.
  4. 01export

lets see some pics of your 01's

Yes this is my DD i wish it got better gas mileage but oh well. The stock drive shafts are still holding up stong and I do wheel this thing pretty often. Superlift does recommend that the front drive shaft be changed about 20k to 22k after lift install because if the angle of the "cv" joint...
  5. 01export

lets see some pics of your 01's

Heres mine on 35s with about 2600 into it (BL, SuperLift, Tires, rims)
  6. 01export

Nitrogen (air) shocks on 01 sport

I was wondering if it would be possible to put air shocks on the front of my IFS 2001 Explorer Sport? I just want to get rid of those ungodly torsion bars....with out doing a sas.
  7. 01export

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

Premier, I have yet to break a CV joint(knock on wood) the trucks proformed pretty well off-road so far, my torsion bars are starting to...well i guess lose their torsion but no breaks yet....
  8. 01export

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

Heres my 2001 X Sport: 4in Superlift, 3in PA BL, 1.5 Warrior Shackels, 2in TT, 35x12.5x15 BFG MTs.Intake, Superchip.
  9. 01export

01exports Before and After...

01exports Before and After on 35s Before on 33s SS LTBs, 3 in BL, 2in TT, and 1.5 in shackels After on 35in BFG MTs, 4in superlift, 3in BL, 2in TT, and 1.5in shackels Hope you guys like it!
  10. 01export

Calling All NEX Members. Summer Meet To Plan

So whats going on for this meet? Do we know what we are doing?
  11. 01export

NIce! maybe they'll open more and we can have some fun! Matt are you getting closer to setting a date?
  12. 01export

302 in 3rd GEN?

302 in a 2001 sport is it possible?
  13. 01export

2001 Sport 3"-4" lift ????

I used 4wheelparts as well for the suspension lift and tires they seemed to be ok, but a little slow with processing my order. The lift hasnt been sent out yet and the tires are on back order but they should be there by the time i get home.i hope
  14. 01export

What gears stock?

Cool thanks guys! Ill probably put 4.88s. Im also gonna throw in a bamachip programmer. Anyone with bigger tires notice a differance?
  15. 01export

2001 Sport 3"-4" lift ????

I used the same (01 sport trac BL) and everything went pretty smoothly.
  16. 01export

What gears stock?

THis is what it says on the plate on my rear end: S614E73881F07.
  17. 01export

Rear end gear ratio?

The plate on my rear axel says S614E73881F07 I think. My wife went and checked it for me b/c im in another country. I hope you guys can help.Thanks!-Erik
  18. 01export

What gears stock?

Im sorta not anywhere near my car right know, im in the middle east. I heard that you could look up the options your car came with with your vin # or something. I need to know because im putting 35s on my x and I need to know if i need gears or I could just use a progrqammer instead.
  19. 01export

What gears stock?

How do I find out what gears came in my sport stock 3.73s or 4.10s?
  20. 01export

I voted bud..it seems pretty unanimous though. It looks like the Cape. know we just need to set a date.
  21. 01export

So whats the deal has anyone decided where this is going to be? Im good with Race Point...or anywhere for that matter. If we dont figure out something soon the Prez-Matt should make an executive decision...
  22. 01export

How to lift an Explorer Sport

My 01 sport clears 33's with a body lift, TT, and shackels. All cost me about 300 dollars w/o tires. I have pics if you want.
  23. 01export

suspension kit for a 2001 Explorer Sport

Im pretty close to Iraq...i should be back in earliy juneish...I took the stock brakets and used them as a templet for the ones that came with the body lift and then drilled the holes. its pretty think metal i think its like a 1/4 in or bigger so i used a drill press and matched the bolt size...
  24. 01export

NEX Members, What are Gas prices in your area?

FREE........over here anyway (mid-east):salute:
  25. 01export

suspension kit for a 2001 Explorer Sport

I had to drill new holes in the brackets for the rear bumper, and yes I did get some rubbing when flexed so i trimmed the sideskirt on the inside corner, but know that the tires have worn down a little bit they dont rub as much. But I plan on putting the superlift 4 in. suspension lift on when i...
Back