Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

4x4 electronic module

thanx...i`ll check that out....oh ya rust is an issue up here. the lights are bright both on the dash lights and switch. module seem dry, but took it in the house just the same to dry out...thnx again
  2. D

4x4 electronic module

i think my modules got wet due to severe rust lol. keyless was acting wonkie, and now the 4x4 and lowrange lights are on and the truck is still in 2wd. is it the module with the big led and reset(?) button? could it be the mod? a test? thanx in advance for any help i receive
  3. D

Keyless entry question on a limited... again

alarm/keyless module above drivers rear wheel well. there should be an anti-theft/security light on yer instrument cluster that blinks when the drivers door is open.
  4. D

1991 Explorer factory amp questions.

two seperate amps, one for your 4 door speakers one for your sub...not sure of the power of amp but less than any modern aftermarket head unit. only the sub amp is crossed over. all my explorers have had the POS JBL systems, its the first thing i deal with, specially seeing i`m a car audio...
  5. D

Anti theft system in explorer 1994

if its there the light comes on or blinks when the doors open...the keyless/security module is located above the drivers side rear wheel well, can be seen if you look inside the jack storage door
  6. D

94 XLT Cruise Control

also check your steering column ground....found that issue on my `90 cougar...easiest check is test the horn as stated in previous posts
  7. D

kewl light covers

had tinted on my `93.....wanted something diff this tyme ~shrugs~
  8. D

kewl light covers

UPDATE: took the perforated vinyl off the tails, the visibility issues during the day made me nervous. just wanted the tails to blend nicer, not dissapear. maybe "clears" will b better? lotsa spare parts off my `93...will try diff things.
  9. D

brake light?

hmmmmmm.....i`ll check it out...thnx
  10. D

brake light?

the warning light for my brakes comes on after running errands . after the 2nd or third tyme i hop in and restart her. any ideas....all seems ok.:thumbsup:
  11. D

Whats the most miles someone has gotten out of your 94's

164,000 miles...not a single issue ~grinz n crosses fingerz~
  12. D

92 Ford Exploder Xlt

i read 3900 lbs somewhere
  13. D

Help!!!!

oh BTW the "test port" is over by the blower motor on the passenger side of the engine bay.
  14. D

Antifreeze res, no longer hooked up

is there enough room to drill and pop a tire valve stem through? with the valve removed of course....just a thought...i have a rad in my garage i kept outta my 93....but i`m in ontario canada.
  15. D

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

i never even thought about b4 and after pics when i lifted my old `93 xlt. (now in the bone yard) about a week after i did the tree inch body lift and 33`s i had to install a system in the identical truck (bone stock xlt) same color ad everything. so i ran home to get my beast to do a...
  16. D

b4 & afters `94 white limited

the sub sounds gr8 there. there is a few frequencies it has a hard tyme with...might add a 3/4 inch thick plexi "loading board" to help. i`m a custom car audio installer by trade...so ya never know wut i`ll do. oh btw...it is a complete MDF enclosure behind that panel. thanx for yer input. love...
  17. D

b4 & afters `94 white limited

here are some pics of my tail light mods and grill inserts + markers (homemade) still on the fence with the tails due to visibility. also did a kewl subwoofer instal and the 4x4 switch relocation...never thought ta get pics of b4...
  18. D

Solid body mounts...available?

spdracr34.....ummmm...i`m up here in ontario "eh"...prolly not much help. just ask around locally for a metal fab shop that can get 2.5" to 3" round billet stock, have em cut em to desired thickness and center drilled to your spec...lotsa luck dude
  19. D

kewl light covers

thnx ghoster....the tails make me a little nervous with tail gaters but this old timers been on the roads a long time...purdy much aware of all around me LOL...i luv how the whole front end looks. diced the "limited" front bumper with the damn airdam lol. never did the headlight, just the...
  20. D

kewl light covers

LOL like i`m the only one here with illegal mods....bah ha ha ~snort~ ha ha
  21. D

What Body lift should i get?

3" body lift wasnt enough for my 33`s...had ta do fender triming, built my own 4 inch body lift this time...my 94 has decent fenders but the 93 was purdy rusty..no trimming this time.
  22. D

Solid body mounts...available?

i had a machine shop make mine out of 2.5 inch round billet aluminum...though i had em make em 4 inches for a lift...but u can have them cut em at your specifications...cost me about $100
  23. D

kewl light covers

always been a concern....but they are usually covered in mud anyways LOL, last ones were tinted really dark....these actually shine through not too bad.
  24. D

electric to manual T-case??

thanx.....will look into that. only real reason was the electric motor doin all the shifting went on my 93, so i was thinking mechanical in my 94. though i`m in the elelctronics industry....i wouldnt trust the crap
  25. D

electric to manual T-case??

is there a covertion out there to convert my push button T-case to manual floor shift on my `94 limited (auto trans) ? if so will it still shift in n outa 4wheel on the fly??
Back