Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. kshicks

Just did headlight, help me choose grille

Check out m y grille!!
  2. kshicks

Howdy from SC, USA

Welcome to the forum, I will be moving to Sumpter, SC in 2 weeks!
  3. kshicks

2005 Explorer with a front end noise.

More than likely it's the bushing. I had the same problem going slow over speed bumps. Changed the front and rear swaybars with a full Eibach kit w/urethane bushings. Sound never came back....good luck!
  4. kshicks

How To: Replacing Upper Ball Joints on a 3rd Gen 4x4 [Pictures]

Perfect, going in my favorities list!
  5. kshicks

First Gen Jet Chip???

Just doing some research, i heard it is best to just get a flash tuner. The problem I hear with the jet chips is that they are a piggy back chips (plugs into your ECU) and if not completely installed correctly, you could have intermittent connection problems. I thought about a Jet Chip, but...
  6. kshicks

Billet Grill

Oh ok, just look in the vendor section and do a search for billet grilles
  7. kshicks

Billet Grill

Check out Ebay...
  8. kshicks

22 Rims and Tires Questions

What year and model X do you have. Check out my page in my signature. I am running 22's!
  9. kshicks

HOW Many Horses in a 4.6L

Headers and Throttle body are my last two bold on mods. Can you tell me exactly what/where to get when it comes to the cams and stall converter. I am very really good vehicle knowledge, but I haven't ventured into interal parts yet. If you can tell me everything I need to buy for the...
  10. kshicks

2002 Explorer front shudder/growling

Thanks man, after doing some research I figured that would work. When I pick upi my Explorer when I get to the states that is the first thing I am going to do. I am going with Royal Purple 75W-140 that already has friction modifier in it. I might just throw in another 2 oz of friction...
  11. kshicks

So what if I do the brown wire mod and run it in 2WD??
  12. kshicks

One more question guys, for the Stage 2 Cams, it states that I need 3.55 or steeper rear gears. My stock 3.73 gears are considered steeper right? Trying to learn here! Also it says that I need a 2000 plus stall speed converter. Anyone have any idea where I can get one of those??
  13. kshicks

My next mods are as follows here in the next month, Typhoon Intake Manifold w/ Comp Cams Stage II Xtreme Energy Camshafts, 75MM Throttle body, and JBA Headers. I got some extra green so I am going to go all out...thanks for the help guys, so know I know I'm probably in the 220-235 range.
  14. kshicks

I got pics of my Explorer, check the link in my signature....
  15. kshicks

So even with the mods and a good tune, I'm only looking @ 220-225??
  16. kshicks

Hp mods 200-250$

Limited02, do you have pics of your Efan, which do you recommend and how did you run it (wiring)?
  17. kshicks

Alright cool, I think I will send him this thread, thanks!
  18. kshicks

450hp can't be right, that sounds extreme!!!
  19. kshicks

Hello, I am trying to figure out approximately how many horses I have in my SUV. I have the '02 4.6L V*. Now I know it is rated stock @ 239hp. Is that to the wheels? If not, how many horses is it to the wheels? Also, I have aftermarket upgrades such as Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, MAC...
  20. kshicks

I'm ready for any problem the Explorer has now.

Can anyone get that warranty?? I have an 02 with 73,600 miles....
  21. kshicks

Below is the thread of what we might be experiencing. By the sounds of it I probably need to change my fluid and add some friction modifier...I think this should work guys! http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215754&highlight=clutch+packs
  22. kshicks

It's a thread somewhere on here that talks about it possibly being the clutch packs in the rear differential slipping. I have a small case of this and am also tryint to find some info on it. I am 14,000 miles overdue (supposed to change every 60,000 and I am @ 73,500) in changing my...
  23. kshicks

How much diff lube do I get?? What brand to get...? Rearend whine/roar....

You know what, I think I do have a little of that clutch pack slippage thing I heard mentioned on here. Could that be from 13,000 miles of overdue differential fluid change. Just wondering when I do this complete Royal Purple fluid change if it will fix it??? Other than that, that is the only...
  24. kshicks

Cool thanks, i figured so since I take really good care of my 02, but I just needed a second opinion!
  25. kshicks

Do you think I will be safe in not changing my differential fluids until I get settled @ my next base?? I leave Germany on the 12th of Aug, and the truck should already be in country since I am shipping it over a month before I leave. I am just a little concerned about the 2 hour drive from...
Back