Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Totaled car for my birthday

the insurance company said that they would fix my explorer. so now we wait for it to be done. i hope they don't just fix the panels and bumper and light. they should check upper and lower ball joints, suspension, check to see if the rim is still round engine block mounts radiator etc... i hope...
  2. A

the other cars were stopped because they were all backed up at the light for 300 yards. and somebody figured that they were blocking a lady from turning out of the parking lot and wouldn't be going anywhere anyway so they waved her across two completely stopped lanes. i was heading the other...
  3. A

i'm not to concerned about her trying to blame me. my dads a lawyer and he came to the crash and took like 50 pictures. hes already planning on sueing our insurance because they wouldn't give a rental car until they decided who was at fault. so he rented a 08 explorer on his card and told them...
  4. A

posted speed was 40 maybe a little fast but everybody else was going 35 in the snow. if it was dry pavement there is no way i could have slowed below 25. its hard to see other cars that drive across the entire road in a gap 2 people made to be nice. she wont call the insurance company back. got...
  5. A

i was driving home from work and a lady in her 08 toyota highlander makes a left turn out of the grocery store. some idiot in the center turn lane waved her on. nice thought but i hate that guy. she makes a left across the thru lane and the center turn lane. i didnt see her until her lights...
  6. A

end of the road?

aaarrrrhhhhhhh leaking a quartof oil a weak where the oil pan and tranny meet. figured i would watch it. crawn under today like every day for the last week, and ile be damned leaking tranny fluid. i noticed a burning smell today, but it was HOT today. figured it was oil burning and now i think...
  7. A

thump thump

do any of your explorers start diesiling sometimes?is this harmfull?
  8. A

on a side note

i looked at them a month ago when i noticed it and they appeared propper to my eye. cant see anything wrong but something is. got under and started pulling and tinkering with stuff and it appears to all be good. can the bearings make a loud and a significant lurch when they go out?
  9. A

end of the road?

they better have put the new plugs in i specified i wanted them to. but i guess its to late the check. if they didnt is it already too late put them in? 100 miles on it
  10. A

on a side note

couldent resist not wheelen a bit while down there before the tranny broke. and i messed up something in the suspension and ruined the front bearings. i guess i will be able to finally get my fist set of shocks. 190000 and stock suspension. for the last 6 months its clunked when turning into the...
  11. A

end of the road?

they said the plastic seals shrunk ran out of fluid, and then they said it actually welded itself together a bit. so i bit the bullet and bought a remanufactured tranny for 1500 installed. not a bad deal the small town treated me good and fixed a few odds and ends for free. greased everything...
  12. A

end of the road?

i dont even know what's wrong yet. they wont call me back or awnser:mad:
  13. A

standard tranny

so i am having a shop in price rebuild my standard transmission. what should i replace or make sure they replace while i am doing this? when the stock went out i got a new one and this will be its 3rd rebuild and i want it done right. keeps breaking when hauling gear. no trailer just loaded...
  14. A

end of the road?

brief history 1993 manual xl 190,000 3rd tranny, like 5 clutchs, or linkage, or other clutch problems, other than that its tip top. great weekend to go river rafting. so loaded up estimation of 400lbs in gear in hatch and two frames lashed to the rack, stacked on top of each other. (these...
  15. A

door latch

i got a new one at the dealer and they charged me 8 bucks!!!! for a piece of plastic dont have part number the guy just grabbed one without looking it up.
  16. A

door latch

have you ever heard of these breaking before?
  17. A

door latch

yeah i figured that out i tried to post a picture. do you have any advice or tricks on the repair? the hard thing is the plastic part broke half off in a hole so i have to dig that out somehow.
  18. A

door latch

the door opens from the inside of car "xl manual door locks" but not outside. i can hear something rattleing around so i take it apart and find a thin rod just dangling. i think it bolts on to something? anyway i am trying to fix it anybody have a diagram of a lock system on a 93 xl?
  19. A

open diff

i guess they must suck
  20. A

i searched

i mean the lights by the abs and oil also the ones when you press the button. so i know know only when it engages. just wondering if the other one is suposed to come on for a second on start up thanks for the help
  21. A

i searched

should the four wheel drive lights come on when you turn the car on just to left of steering whee? also should the 4 high and 4 low lights come on regardless if the 4x4 is broken when you push them? or do they only come on when it engages?
  22. A

open diff

what are the advantages of a open dif? are they good in snow or what are they best traction wise
  23. A

shifting

too late already bought the parts. besides has sedimental value
  24. A

shifting

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :mad: fith clutch:mad: :mad: :mad: my 24 year old son is driving along on the freeway goes to exit pulls it out of gear no clutch nothing. master linkage snaps and gears are all ground down. new gears and clutch job and linkage:mad: :mad...
Back