Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

O2 Sensor Replacement - 98 Explorer

Greetings, I want to replace the O2 sensors (at least the front ones) on my 1998 Explorer 4.0 L , SOHC, V6. Other than the left front (drivers side), the access looks to be difficult, especially the wiring harness, even if I splice in the new ones. Any tips on this will be appreciated! Thanks
  2. R

How to: Remove and replace door latch assembly

Thanks for this great help. I was going to add a spring to the latch as described elsewhere rather than replace the latch but in the process of removing the window track I broke the electrical connector off the door latch. The wires to the latch were attached the the window track with a plastic...
  3. R

Door latch question

Thanks for all the great help on this door latch issue. Unfortunately I broke the electrical connector off the door latch while trying to remove the widow track. On my vehicle there are a couple of wires from the door latch that are held to a bracket on the window track with a plastic "push...
  4. R

Door latch question

What I have found on my '98 Ex passenger door and reading the threads is that there is a sping in the door latch itself that is broken. This is not the spring on the outer door handle as in the photo. I can look at the latch with the door open and see that the end has broke off this spring by...
Back