Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

auxiliary modification

Should be doable with the 6 CD Changer My 03 had that radio There is a plug in the back of the radio for the input from the optional overhead DVD player. That being said it will take some knowledge of electronics and a schematic to make it work as well as some custom fabricated wiring. Would...
  2. J

Door Ajar coupled with lights

Ive had problems several times over the years with mine. A quick spray down on all the switches with WD 40 always corrects the problem for me. Seems to come back every 3 or 4 years. Interesting about the windows causing it. If you are driving maybe the pressure change inside the vehicle by...
  3. J

Question on my 2003 Eddie Bauer

Keep an ear open for rattling noises coming from the front of the engine on cold startup. Timing chain guides are a big problem on the 4.6 at about that mileage. My engine was running great but I was hearing an occasional noise every once in awhile when I started it up in the garage in the...
  4. J

Bi-Xenon Retrofit

Love those lights. This is now on the top of my list for my next mod. Tried putting HID bulbs in the stock reflectors and it was terrible, light was everywhere but on the road where it belongs. Where did you buy the kit from? Any more info you can give me would be appreciated
  5. J

How to: Cold air in glove box -OR- No air flow from vents on Max AC - Here's a workaround

After reading this thread it got me thinking because my heat has not been that great lately and my wife is always complaining about cold air on the passenger side. Sure enough I pulled the fan out and there was the door laying on top on the fan intake. Removed the door and covered up the intake...
  6. J

Dash lights

Doubt its the plug with the plug unplugged you are not sending power to the circuit so you wouldn't blow any fuses. you really need a wiring diagram and multimeter to diagnose it correctly. You need to find the wire that's feeding the parking light circuit and see if its shorted to ground. If it...
  7. J

4.6L Explorer engine timing chain ooops!

Just finished up truck runs much better at low rpm. Hopefully my gas mileage will come back was only getting 12. I used be able to get 19 on the highway if I babied it. Its a big job for sure it took me 12 hrs but overall not bad if you pay attention. I just replaced the guides and tensioners...
  8. J

4.6L Explorer engine timing chain ooops!

In the middle of this job myself. All my parts look like all these others. Funny thing is I only heard an occasional noise almost sounded like a spark knock or heat shield rattling. And only happened at light load and around 2000 rpm. I was really surprised to see how bad they where. Truck has...
  9. J

Which door is ajar?

Mine did that to me about a year after I bought it. It was still under warrantee at the time but I sprayed all the door latches with WD 40 and all was good. Seems like I need to do every 3 or 4 years. Never did figure out which one was causing the problem but it happens so infrequently I never...
  10. J

Picked up an '03 XLT...needs some work...

Wow didn't think an 03 would make it that far. My Ex is falling apart at 150 and I've put way more $$ into it than its worth in the last 6 months(trans, intake manifold, rear differential, alternator, wheel bearings, struts and needs timing chains/guides now:thumbdwn: . But I like the truck...
  11. J

Has anyone here removed a winsdshield? How did you get it installed?

My guy went to the house and installed a new windshield for $200. Wouldn't even entertain the thought of trying to do this myself for that price. Even better I didn't need to take any time off of work or drop the truck off somewhere
  12. J

Transmission Shifts early

Sounds to me like your TPS is out of calibration or bad. The TPS is a major factor in when the tranny shifts. If the problem wasn't there before you messed with the throttle body and just showed up after it's probably not your fluid.
  13. J

03 4.6 reverse problems

Lots of good info on this site but can't seem to find anything on my problem. Last week when I came home from work I went to park my truck and put it in reverse and it didn't want to move. It went but felt like I had my foot on the brake hard and took a lot of gas to get it to move. Next morning...
  14. J

Air Intake

I just installed the K&N as well wish I did it a long time ago. Really goes great with my Magnaflow exhaust
  15. J

Magnaflow Exhaust!!

Magnaflow I picked mine up a couple of months ago from Amazon. $234 shipped I couldn't pass it up. Great Exhaust I love it with my V8 could be just a touch louder though, my gear whine is still louder than my muffler
  16. J

auxiliary input

I've been searching for awhile. It's very confusing because Ford used so many different radios (they all look similar from the front). If you have a Sat or Aux button on your radio you may have better luck than I have .You can try these guys at www.autotoys.com or look on Ebay I have a 2003...
Back