Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

2016 Explorer bucking

would a new gasket be needed?
  2. F

2016 Explorer bucking

Thanks everyone. I think for now I should visit the vehicle, drive it, and gather more information.
  3. F

2016 Explorer bucking

No CEL. The car is at her house, I am going to have to go there an get more information, All she said is she thinks its a 6 cylinder.
  4. F

2016 Explorer bucking

Hi. My daughter said her 2016 explorer is "bucking" at low speeds, like in parking lots. It has 83k miles. Was thinking of maybe changing the spark plugs. Are they 100K plugs? Does the intake have to come off to get to the back ones? Thanks.
  5. F

06 4.0 noise.

I know I am overthinkinh this, but does this make any sense? Do the front, replace the rear tensioners, save up some money then do the rear? Does replacing the tensioners prevent this problem? Thank you for your patience, and information.
  6. F

06 4.0 noise.

I'm trying
  7. F

06 4.0 noise.

I am really pushing them to have it fixed. They had a reman transmission put in less than a year ago. I put a battery and alternator in it within the last year too. There is not much out there in the $5-6 k range that would be any better than this, if it were fixed. I work in a car dealer and I...
  8. F

06 4.0 noise.

Would anyone buy this thing in this condition? I'm trying to convince the kids to get it fixed. I know it's a $5-6k car in good running condition. I can't see spending another 6k for a different car when they can just fix the explorer.
  9. F

06 4.0 noise.

I don't know how to do that. I can swap a motor though.
  10. F

06 4.0 noise.

What year engines are compatible?
  11. F

06 4.0 noise.

Is it worth it to grab one a new tensioner and put it in and cross our fingers?
  12. F

06 4.0 noise.

I am pretty sure I know the answer, but this is a "don't drive it anymore" situation, right? My son needed to go to for a short ride, and I almost told him to take the explorer.....
  13. F

06 4.0 noise.

I'd send it your way if we were closer. The kids are talking about getting another car, but to me it seems like spending ~$2000 is a better deal than buying another car. It's in pretty good shape, reman transmission put in less than a year ago, new alternator and battery. I feel like it would be...
  14. F

06 4.0 noise.

Does anyone ever do just the front?
  15. F

06 4.0 noise.

What is a reasonable amount to pay for a job like this. Surely it has to be cheaper than buying another car.
  16. F

06 4.0 noise.

I didn't talk to the mechanic that looked at it, my son said he took something apart and looked at something. He couldn't remember what he said. My son doesn't remember what he said, and he doesn't know a lot about cars. I think they are going see if anyone will take it in trade. If not it would...
  17. F

06 4.0 noise.

It's actually my kids girlfriends car. They had it looked at and were told thousands of dollars to fix it. Probably going to buy something else.
  18. F

06 4.0 noise.

It actually sounds worse today. Doesn't get better when vehicle warms up, or when RPMs change. It's a shame, just put a reman trans in it less than a year ago.
  19. F

06 4.0 noise.

Any ideas what this noise is? Seems to be coming from the driver's side.
  20. F

Bare wiring

So far so good.
  21. F

Bare wiring

I did Google it. Found good info through Google. I like to talk to other people to share experiences, and ask advice, so I post here. I cleaned the MAF, checked connections, checked for vacuum leaks, checked the air filter, "reset" the computer, no success. My son brought it to a local shop who...
  22. F

Bare wiring

Well I soldered a good piece of wire in where the broken piece was and left the battery disconnected with a jumper between the cables for about an hour and the same codes came back. This thread has thetlist of codes. Don't know what to do next. Go to the junkyard, see if I can find a connection...
  23. F

Bare wiring

I will definitely try that. It's easy enough. I am also going to do a better wire repair.
  24. F

Bare wiring

i did not disconnect the battery, i did clear codes with my cheapo harbor freight scanner. does the MAF have a fuse?
  25. F

06 changes alt and battery now engine light on

I had the bare wire problem at the MAF sensor connector, taped them up, but the green wire was hanging by a thread, I am sure there were less than half of the strands of wire connected. Taped all the wires up, did a rush job because it was freezing out. CEL is back on and car is running crappy...
Back