Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

HHO generator is melting my Amp gauge.

I believe I made progress with the HHO. I ended up replacing the breaker with another 50amp (have a working ammeter now). Looks like I'm getting enough heat from the engine, I have to keep my amp draw %20 less than the breaker. At idle it pulls 30amp and while driving (especially under heavy...
  2. B

Doesn't look like it's the gauge. I haven't been using one for awhile now and still shuts off on it's own (briefly) then turns on again. I have noticed that the eyelet connectors (would normally bolt on to the gauge, currently bolted together) are getting real warm. Maybe it's my breaker? Ohm's...
  3. B

Knowing the issue's I've had with it, the first thing I did was disconnect the amp gauge. Connected the two wires together to get power to the cell and it seems to work fine. My guess is the gauge melted slowly enough that I didn't smell it this time and some how lost the connection? It doesn't...
  4. B

I thought of that, the only way to test the cell itself is to drain the system. If I have continuity between the power and ground with no water in it then I must have some plates touching each other. A blown gasket would give me a leak (found out the hard way months ago). Weather permitting...
  5. B

Another site I have to sign up for? good thing I have a password manager! I tested for continuity between the cell and the frame ground. Battery ground is the same bolt. I had some resistance so I removed the wires and cleaned them up. Now I get 0 ohms. Solenoid ground was fine at 0 ohms. Took...
  6. B

I can take some pics if you want. Not sure how or where to post them. What do you want pics of?
  7. B

It's in series. I have power from the battery through the breaker, solenoid, amp gauge. The other side of the gauge goes straight to the cell. The only other wire is a ground for the light (plus power for light). I think the ground wire and the bolt(s) for the gauge might be connected. Even...
  8. B

I'm at a loss, have no idea. I reconnected the ground wire for the light and that part seems to work fine. Lately my HHO system has been shutting off on it's own for no apparent reason. I was looking at it yesterday and the wires on the cell were loose. I tightened everything up and did a...
  9. B

104 pin PCM Pin layout

Holy crap. Ask and thou shall receive! The one that BrooklynBay posted was closet to mine. I was looking for the oxygen sensor wire's at the PCM. Turns out that mine are #29 and #39 pin. Same color wire as BrooklynBay diagram. Saved allot of time, thanks for the help guys.
  10. B

104 pin PCM Pin layout

60-pin dogfriend: would you happen to have a pin diagram for the 60-pin ECM/PCM? Having trouble finding one, would really appreciate it! 93 Ex EB. Thanks
  11. B

Trailer connector

Need schematic! I'm having trouble finding a schematic for the factory connection. I need to go from the factory to a 7-way round vehicle end. Anyone know where I can get the schematic so I can wire in my own setup? Already have the flat four pin, need 7-way round. (93 Explorer EB)
  12. B

Ok, now I'm really confused. I cut the ground wire for the back light before I left for the day. At some point during the day the light came on, later I removed the bulb. I'll look closer tomorrow, not sure were the ground is coming from. I did notice that the gauge wasn't as hot as normal. I...
  13. B

That might make sense about the ground wire. Right now I have the power coming from the battery (via breaker and such...) to one post on the gauge. The other post goes directly to the cell. The gauge wasn't grounded for the light so I added a small wire to the mounting bracket then to the truck...
  14. B

I got it at PrincessAuto; PowerFist gauge. I though it might be the brand, even though I'm on the third I guess it's still possible, buy a different brand maybe?
  15. B

I'm having trouble with my system and haven't found an answer yet. I have a 21 plate dry-cell design pulling around 40 amps, producing 3-4 L/m. For some reason I keep melting my amp gauge! I used 10awg wire, have tested several times at various locations, wire stays cool. Installed a 50amp...
  16. B

Timing chain gasket/front oil pan

:( Can you loosen the four bolts on the oil pan and squirt some RTV in their? Maybe next oil change you can do it? I know that's a bad area for leaks, had a leak years ago.
  17. B

If you have got the truck up to normal operating temps a few times I would think there wouldn't be any issue's. Burping the system isn't my favorite thing to do either, haven't had that much fun with it before. I didn't see in my Haynes book where it says you can use a socket or pipe to install...
  18. B

Supplementary alternator wiring: 4.0 SOHC

Just adding a wire? I guess that explains why you go from the alternator mounting bolt to the battery ground. Any recommendations for the fuse? 130 amp alternator now, maybe upgrade later.
  19. B

Supplementary alternator wiring: 4.0 SOHC

Aldive, a few questions if you don't mind. Did you go directly from the alternator to the battery or to the fender relay? Did you use a fuse on the wire? I'm looking at doing this to my 93 soon, not sure if I should go to the relay or battery, and fuse? I do have a fusible link. 130 amp...
  20. B

200 amp alternator install: 4.0 SOHC

fuse? Want to upgrade my alternator wiring with bigger wire. With factory alternator at the moment, what should I fuse the wire for? My alternator is 130amp and not sure yet if I'll upgrade it. Big wire for frame to ground on battery (done), power from alternator to relay (fuse?) and what was...
  21. B

the BIG three?

I forgot about that. With a wealth of info on this site I haven't exactly posted much. I guess I'll find the other post and try it their. Thanks.
  22. B

the BIG three?

The other threads for the big three are a little old, no one probably checks it out. Want to upgrade my alternator wiring with bigger wire. With factory amp at the moment, what should I fuse the wire for? My amp is 130 and not sure yet if I'll upgrade the alternator. Big wire for frame to ground...
  23. B

You didn't mention any use of the alignment tool (t88t-6701-a). As I understand, this tool is used to properly line up the timing cover? How did you do that? No oil or coolant leaks (good job by the way), how long has it been and still no leaks? It's my only vehicle and I'm days from getting...
  24. B

$800! Never did do this one. I got called back to work so didn't have time. I ended up taking it to the shop and paid $800 for it. Then the idiots laid my off again so I would have had the time! A $300 alignment tool scared me a little though. A bit expensive for something I'd only use once...
  25. B

I'm prepared to do this job now. I don't know for sure if I can do it without that tool (t88t-6701-a), has anyone done this job yet? I degreased my engine today, I'll take a close look tomorrow and confirm the leak.
Back