• Register Today It's free!

the BIG three?

b_train_98

Reaction score
City, State
B.C. Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Explorer Eddie B.
The other threads for the big three are a little old, no one probably checks it out. Want to upgrade my alternator wiring with bigger wire. With factory amp at the moment, what should I fuse the wire for? My amp is 130 and not sure yet if I'll upgrade the alternator. Big wire for frame to ground on battery, power from alternator to relay (fuse?) and what was the third? body to ground on battery?

If you post in the threads, it will come up to the top of the "New Posts" section no matter how old the thread itself is. If there is a new post it will show, and someone will likely answer your post.

As for the additional wiring, I believe it is frame to ground, positive side of alternator to positive side of battery, and also the lower bolt of the alternator base to the negative side of the battery I believe.

Aldive has successfully done this upgrade, so you can probably message him and get info, or he'll redirect you to one of this threads.

I forgot about that. With a wealth of info on this site I haven't exactly posted much. I guess I'll find the other post and try it their. Thanks.

Back