Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

"Ultra MPG Super Tune Up"

i don't know much at least not about this but i saw the mythbusters do a test on acetone in the gas and in there tests it made no difference on MPG just pointing that out it might work they might have had a bad experiment or something
  2. A

Fuel pump

whoo hooo it was just the relay it was a pain but not as much as lowering the gas tank thanks maniak and i need to tell tbars4 thanks too
  3. A

Fuel pump

ok went to look at it but i couldn't find it my haynes manual said its in the power distribution box but i couldn't find it in there is it somewhere else on a first gen
  4. A

Fuel pump

nope gonna check it today
  5. A

Fuel pump

thanks guys
  6. A

Header bolts

there missing
  7. A

Fuel pump

sorry one other question if i do have to lower the tank and all that should i replace the fuel sending unit and all that because it doesnt work either
  8. A

Fuel pump

well i think my fuel pump went out so the question is is there any easy way to replace it with out lowering the tank and all that and is the only way to tell if its a bad pump is by testing the relay ?? THx for any help
  9. A

Winch and Bumper

ok i looked and were you thinking of attaching it to the radiator bottom support??? cause that just might work with some angle iron.
  10. A

Winch and Bumper

cool thanks i might have to look into that
  11. A

Winch and Bumper

not quite sure if this is the right place for this question but anyways is there any way to mount a winch to the stock bumper or do i need to fabricate or buy an aftermarket bumper
  12. A

Header bolts

hey what size are the header bolts on a 92 ohv i just relized i missing two on the drivers side
  13. A

Brake Diagram???????

well thats the thing its hard to describe because theres a puddle on the drivers side right about where the engine meets the tranny but i can see where its been leaking down the wheel well and then dripping to that spot. If i can ill try to get pictures ive talked to my dad and hes...
  14. A

Brake Diagram???????

hey guys i got a brake leak and cant seem to find it so i was wondering if anybody a brake diagram like where the brakes run and any other parts that have to deal with the brakes
  15. A

Four Wheel Drive????

yeah it was do you think thats electrical or mechanical??? like the button is just not hooked up??
  16. A

Four Wheel Drive????

hey guys today i went out in the desert to play a little and i got stuck for the 1st time:roll: i bogged it down about 14 inches in what seemed to be cow crap and mud anyways i noticed that when i put it in four wheel drive and take it out the right front still is engaged but later it wasnt so i...
  17. A

brake question

i third this mine does it too and i know its the radius arm bushings
  18. A

Got in an accident

ya my first ok this guy in a crappy little car stopped while going over some railroad tracks and the car in front of me hit him and then i hit her i left like two feet of skid marks
  19. A

Got in an accident

i got in an accident today i just dented my front bumper but i tore up a crysler 300 like it was a paper cup they just dont make cars like they used to anyway i have to go to court because im only 16 and then to traffic school hopefully my parents are pissed because my insurance is gonna go up...
  20. A

went offroading

sweet thanks for the offer dannyboy i went about 13 miles south of florence az place called 96 ranch it was pretty fun small hills and some mud puddles mostly but it was worth it and i am hooked now
  21. A

went offroading

Hey guys went off roading saturday with my dad and best friend it was really fun got to play in the mud and even use the four wheel drive thinkin about askin for a lift for my b day but there expensive once i find out how to add pics i will.
  22. A

Squealing noise at low RPM

finally found out what it was i think THE WATER PUMP i finally went today with water and antifreeze gushin everywhere i got it home and then put a new pump on.
  23. A

Explorer whistles when cold

OK how do you tell if an idler pulley is bad because mine whistles too but at low RPMs how do i check this
  24. A

Loud Squeeking noise coming from engine compartment>>PLease Help!!!

not just 3rds its not just 3rd gens my first gen does the same thing i dont know why either but i think ive narrowed it to the lower idler pulley or the alternator
  25. A

Pros and cons of a lifted explorer

Ok i have a question if you did a SAS with a lift to a wider axle would the lift have less effect on the rollover part
Back