Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

3 Watt LED in Puddle lamps!!!!

yes you would use a cpu heat sink, you could also use a fan but what about when the fan dies? Now that i ahve played with high power leds for a while know i wouldn't use the LM317 and resistor, the LM317 puts out too much heat i would use an actual 12vdc led driver like these ones not sure if...
  2. S

4.0 Exhaust Clip Thread !

get the cherry bomb pro/vortex and remove stock resonator, then put resinator tip at end, it will be the deepest sounding you can get
  3. S

Question on grinding LED's

i use a regualr grinder, or i just cut it with "dikes". after you grind it used clear fingernail polish to make it clear not hazy.
  4. S

Emergency Strobe LED Installation.

i used some amber ones on the bottom of my rear roof rack. although my controller is different (Dont forget to click "HQ"
  5. S

95-01 Projector headlights, Part 2

man the green underglow looks PIMP!!!
  6. S

go with the cherry bomb vortex, check sig
  7. S

95-01 Projector headlights, Part 2

got my projectors in today and man they are AWESOME!!! here is a picture of it in action The on on the "bottom" is the clears (diamonds 6000k hid) and the other one is the projector (obviously 4300k hid)
  8. S

3 watt led cargo light!!!

hahaha these are 3 watt leds not little 10mm leds. if you go to my other thread "led puddle light" there's a link on there that talks about how to this type of mod. this led is driven at 700mA (.7 amps) where as the 10mm leds are driven at like 50mA (.05 amps) you have to use heatsink on the...
  9. S

3 watt led cargo light!!!

so i decided my 10mm led conversion for the cargo light wasn't bright enough. so i made 3 watt led w/heat sink that would fit in the cargo light area (same as the http://explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2097813) but this time i had gave the regulator its own heatsink, since it puts out...
  10. S

just made some with the Cree p4's, i ran these ones at 350mA where as the others were 700mA to help with the heat problem. the cree is actually 2X as efficient as the pro light (ones used before) although the cree puts out about 20 lumens less with half the watts it puts out more light. NOTE: i...
  11. S

Under dash LED lighting

dont run any - wire to the switch, is that where the sparks are coming from? that will tell you where they are bridging at. somehow the + and - are touching, make sure the + wire is going where it is suppose to and same with the - wire
  12. S

not all metal transfers heat the same, aluminum is one of the better ones. not sure if i understand your question either
  13. S

yes that will work
  14. S

Puddle lights

i just did a 3 watt led conversion on mine, 10x better then stock and 10mm led conversion. check sig :thumbsup:
  15. S

they dont sell those resistors at radio shack though, yes cpu heat sink would work. note" it was mostly the regulator that producing the heat, not so much the led
  16. S

the led and the regulator have to have heat sink or they will burn up, then you cant use them any more. i can step the mA down a little, cause that part does get pretty warm, it was -15 and mine gets hot to the touch, so it cracked the lens portion of the puddle lamp (still intact big a little...
  17. S

:thumbsup:
  18. S

not sure if we can talk about buy and selling on here so if you have questions pm me
  19. S

Alright here are the pics
  20. S

:) i did this mod in my garage and installed them in there too, but the new led's have such a wide angle my garage isn't wide enough, plus i think a picture outside look more "realistic" when comparing other lights. Im gonna go take the pics now, the more i see these the more i love'em :D
  21. S

Ya it was 1 am when I got done and it was -15 degrees, I am VERY happy with the output, it blows away my old led setup
  22. S

so i decided i wanted my puddle lights to be brighter, i already had 6 10mm led in each, well i found this "instructable" for a high power led driver that was really simple to do http://www.instructables.com/id/Super-simple-high-power-LED-driver/ . With high power led you need a "driver" you...
  23. S

projector headlights on ebay. one piece

those look good/nice :D now we just need to see them with HID's in them :)
  24. S

projector headlights on ebay. one piece

where are the pictures of the BEAM SHOTS!!!!??? :D
  25. S

+2 on the cherry bomb vortex :D check sig ;)
Back