Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Shall I say frequent misfire 4th cylinder

I had a similar problem once with the #4. My engine does leak so I immediately thought it was gasket related, but inspection of the plug didn't show anything abnormal. Took it to the dealer and they just replaced the plugs and wires, and all seemed good, even though the plugs were not that old...
  2. T

Attic Safety

Much of this attic does have plywood floor, just not in this particular spot. But it's a tricky spot because it's right where you have to come down off of the tall living room ceiling. I told him before it needs wood there, but it looks like he's figured that out for himself. :D
  3. T

List of Useful Threads Complete 2nd Gen A/C Troubleshooting Thread

yah usually it's the low pressure side that goes. Glad it helped! :)
  4. T

Attic Safety

My dad put his leg through the ceiling the other day. I sooooooo wish I was here when it happened. :D At the rate stuff gets done, that'll be there for probably a year or so.
  5. T

Could be. Do you know the high side pressure?
  6. T

A new blend door didn't fix my A/C & heater problem.

I've got this issue myself, I think it's my comp clutch but I can't swear to it yet. Should probably look into this now that it's hot out again.
  7. T

How To: Upper Control Arm / Ball Joint Replacement (Lots of Pictures)

One more thing I learned after this is that I think the OEM arms might be TRW: I can't swear if these are the originals or not now... I thought they were... :scratch: I think the driver's side had this on it too, but I threw that one out already. Glad to hear the Dormans are good parts...
  8. T

Lower Ball Joint Replacement How To (lots of Pictures)

thanks for the encouragement! I could've sworn there was a mini-sledge here, but unfortunately things around here have a tendency to walk. Something will always be in the way when you don't need it, and when you do need it, it's no longer there. Since I needed some other work done that I...
  9. T

I had forgotten about this now. I finished the upper joints a few weeks back now, and decided to take the lowers in and have them installed. Was really worried about getting the old ones out, and not being able to get the new ones in. (Decided to avoid my next "oh s@#t" moment) The dealer...
  10. T

A/C problem.

Sounds like the Blend Door, or the Blend Door Actuator.
  11. T

pissed at the water company (rant )

We have the opposite problem--two pine trees too close to overhead power lines. The tree company can't take them out like that. The power company was called repeatedly 2 years ago, they said they'd come check it out, but never did.
  12. T

where do i find kleenex?????

Those are the same ones that fit into my dad's Expedition console lid. They get them at Walmart.
  13. T

no interior, or guage lights and no turn signals. help

squaeling & pulling could be a brake issue on that side
  14. T

I can't remove my oil drain plug.

Get a new plug from Ford, they should have them in stock. I'd only use theirs, because it's made of a soft metal that won't damage the oil pan threads if someone gets stupid with it. My dad has a set of "Craftsman bolt-out" sockets that worked perfectly for getting the old one out.
  15. T

no hvac at all !

It could be the Blower Motor Speed Controller.
  16. T

Plastic Trim Clear sticker

Don't use finger nail polish remover on anything plastic. Made that mistake once. :)
  17. T

Don't do the stupid **** I do. Went to do the driver's side upper and lower today. Went to take the UCA off to find that I didn't have a socket deep enough to fit. :mad: Cursed and pissed about not having the tools I need. Tried to do the lower joint, and couldn't get the spindle separate...
  18. T

Bad Battery?

Nevermind, looks like it could be a bad hard drive afterall. I can't believe it, the damn thing isn't even a year old. Update 2: Actually, the problem has been traced to a cracked motherboard. This'll put the system out for good. :( Any suggestions for a new laptop?
  19. T

Bad Battery?

I've never had an issue quite like this one before. Hopefully I can send this battery back if necessary. About a month ago the battery in my Gateway 5322GZ went dead to the point where the computer was constantly trying to charge it. I ordered a replacement battery from LaptopTraveller.com...
  20. T

Thx for the suggestions, the Kmart here didn't have the Craftsman flex-head wrench so I just got a breaker bar at Autozone... which my last visit reminded me why I call it the Wal-Mart of Auto Parts. :D Now to wait for this rain to pass... :thumbdwn: I didn't do that, but I did use the...
  21. T

Oral Surgery

Man, that doesn't sound good. :( I just had my wisdom teeth out at the end of January. They put me out for it, and must have given me some kind of anti-nausea medicine too (because usually these kinds of drugs make me feel sick). I had never felt so good in my life. :D Strangely enough...
  22. T

96 Lower Ball Joint replacement?

If yours is 2WD, it's even easier. good luck!
  23. T

I began doing this because we always get asked the same questions, but can never find the threads. I forgot about it and found this when I was cleaning off my computer. Now that the A/C season is here, it could be helpful to a few people. The Blend Door Issue Before you blame the Blend Door, or...
  24. T

How To: Replacing Front Hub / Bearing 1995+ Ford Explorer IFS

sounds like the issue I've got right now with one of the rear brakes--constant squealing/grinding that stops as soon as you hit the brake. I think it is the brake because I had a shop look at the driver's front brake when it was doing the same thing a year ago. They took the caliper off and...
  25. T

Rear Wiper Motor Replacement

here's what I found when i opened that Dorman motor. It's not so great.
Back