Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

4x4 high light flashes

Regarding my post last Jan 14, 2009, five days after that, a loud sound was obvious coming from the front wheel at the right side of the driver. It happened when we went to the park close by, around 5 kilometers away from home. So i called a mechanic and later met him in the house that late...
  2. M

RPM & Speedometer Arrows Offset

Thanks JoeDirt, i finally had the time to do it, see linked photos below for others to see: It took maybe two hours, but free of charge. I'm sure i can do it again for half the time. Once the panel is out, you can easily turn the dials counter clockwise to...
  3. M

Squeaking noise from belts or pulleys...

Check for the crank pulley. If it's off center a bit, or you notice something coming out a bit, then it is the pulley getting distached with the crankshaft. The crankshaft is connected to the pulley merely by a round rubber between each other. The absorbs the vibration between the two but it is...
  4. M

How to: Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.

Hi to all, my Explorer 2004 at 106,500 KM has a problem with both RPM & speedometer arrows at the wrong starting points, see image below: Anyway, this problem started only four days ago. When I was about to start the engine that early morning, it didn't crank. I realized the two-year old...
  5. M

Thanks Joe, it worked! I'm now a member of photobucket.com.
  6. M

Hi to all, my Explorer 2004 at 106,500 KM has a problem with both RPM & speedometer arrows at the wrong starting points, see image below: Anyway, this problem started only four days ago. When I was about to start the engine that early morning, it didn't crank. I realized the two-year old...
  7. M

How to: Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.

Great post, many thanks BigRondo. I'm searching on another topic actually regarding "no airflow going to the driver's side although there are some in the feet and some parts of the dashboard." I found one already but not as good as how you presented it. I'll save this link for future reference.
  8. M

2002 Ford Explorer won't start!!!

I just want to share my experience as related to this same problem. My 2004 Explorer sunddenly won't start during a weekend at home. I remember its battery is about a year and a half old, i said maybe it's about time to replace it. That late Saturday afternoon, I tried to jump start it with my...
  9. M

As a follow-up on my case, which i said was finally solved by installing a new belt. Well, the noise came back after three weeks. It became louder and louder after just ignoring it for a week. When i had the chance to visually check it, i was surprised to see that the harmonic balancer was...
  10. M

The loud noise from my Explorer 2004 at 97,500 KMs was solved by a simple replacement of a new belt. Last year i installed a new bearing at the back of the alternator. The damage last year was obvious, and the sound really came from the alternator. This time, I taught it was again the...
  11. M

4x4 high light flashes

I have the same problem as told by JackDC on my 2004 Explorer at 80,000km. On my way home today, the ABS light was ON all the way home, and the 4x4High light would just flash, but most of the time it was OFF. As explained in other threads, the 4x4 High lights ON or engages the 4x4 as required...
Back