Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

2001 Sport manual hub conversion?

There isnt one
  2. I

steering column replacment

ill check it out tomorow but I think Ive looked at that already and that cable was free.
  3. I

Ive never delt with a column shift before so im really not sure. im gonna look into it more on sunday. Its like whatever keeps the shifter in its designated positions is broken. Its kinda hard to see what is really going on inside the square column. I have to keep putting the truck in neutral...
  4. I

im thinking this will be my monday tuesday project. I have taken the plastic cover panel off to look underneither and it looks like a nightmare!
  5. I

bump! anyone done this?
  6. I

How hard is it to replace the column? My shifter is all messed up and no longer goes into park or 1st gear. I must have broken it off roading one day and finally just broke down to its current point. I can get them from the salvage yard but im worried about the cruise control buttons and the...
  7. I

swapping shocks to the Automatic ride control units

I swapped out the front KYBs with the Rancho5000s. BIG improvement. the KYBs felt stiff in my hands but they just didnt control the front end. Im giving the ranchos some time to wear in and see how they are. Does anyone know who or what other truck has a bigger rear sway bar that can be used...
  8. I

And having a rough ride isnt the issue its the control I want out of it. Im used to driving sports cars with tight suspensions. I just want more control of the wheels. Im thinking the rancho rs9000 series for the front. and yes I know the explorer is nothing close to a sports car.
  9. I

Does anyone have a picture of the front end of the automatic ride control explorer? Do the shocks actually support the vehicle in place of the torsion bars?
  10. I

Is the air ride system intigrated into the computer or anything. Is it a seperate system that can be pulled from a donor truck?
  11. I

Im just disappointed in the KYBs they are nothing like they should be.
  12. I

Im really not happy with my KYB monomax shocks and Im looking at these monroe ARC shocks. They are non-electronic and look like they would mount right up. Has anyone done this? My friend has a 03 explorer and the ride quality is so much better! I know the newer ones have independent suspension...
  13. I

Handling questions

Are there any other parts that are on other ford vehicles that could be used to improve the handling of my explorer. Mostly interested in larger sway bars front and rear. I have a 98 sport 4x4. Ive already put some new shocks and struts and have the poly front sway bar bushings.
  14. I

Where is the canister purge valve

Just pull the negative battery cable for a bit and it will reset it. I was off roading often and kept submerging the truck in mud and water and it kept shorting them out. I went to the junk yard and pulled like 4 of them just in case
  15. I

Where is the canister purge valve

its a plastic valve with a 2 wire electrical conector and 2 rubber hoeses running to it. I moves the one under the battery to a different location since i kept burning them out.
  16. I

Nothing happens when I turn the key on 98 explorer?????????

So I went back with another charged battery and sure enough she fired right up. I think its time for new cable terminals.
  17. I

Nothing happens when I turn the key on 98 explorer?????????

ok so just as i metioned in the title my truck doesnt do anything when i turn the key. NO power seems to be getting anywhere in the vehicle battery is good and been tested with another one with same result. Checked the fuse block on the driver side under the hood and didnt see any blown fuses...
  18. I

alignment question

Thanks for the help guys. I did have a bad lower ball joint. I talked to the tech that was doing the job and answered a couple of my questions about the actual alignment stuff. I am curious if anyone knows why ford went from a 2 piece upper control arm to a single piece?
  19. I

alignment question

I took it in this morning and they told me that the driver side ball joint was bad. They tried to show it to me but I honestly didnt see any movement when they man handled the tire and shoke it. Everytime I go into this place they tell me something else is worn. Last 2 times it was the hub...
  20. I

alignment question

I am having some funny tire wearing issues. I had my truck aligned and still having the same issues. Was told that the passenger side camber was maxed out and it would always pull that direction. Hadnt had these problems before. I was looking at the upper control arms and noticed that the camber...
  21. I

Solved Lifts and Max tire sizes

just do it.
  22. I

Solved Lifts and Max tire sizes

Im running 265 75 16 which is about a 32" and its about 8" wide. Its rubs a little on the stock fender flares and on the sway bar. I have a 2 inch body lift and the TT.
  23. I

auto 4x4 not engaging

Thats where i will start also thx
  24. I

auto 4x4 not engaging

no all the lights are working fine and everything works when I switch to low or high but the auto doesnt work. I have replaced the transfer case with another exact one and it was fine before. Is there a speed sensor somewhere that detets the difference in rotation of the output shafts that could...
Back