Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Yo

Yo! :) Welcome! Whole lotta information here about your vehicle, and a very knowledgeable community. Enjoy!
  2. D

Tires, how big

Welcome! It depends on what you do with your vehicle. Is it road only? Off road? Part time off road? If it's street, what width do you want the wheels to be, or how far out from the vehicle do you want them to be? If it's just to add larger tires with no lift, I did 265/70/17(stock 17 on...
  3. D

New Wheels

Chrome! They look great! That gray color takes away from the shine... It was nice meeting you all too!
  4. D

Update!!!New rim pics!!!

I don't know... It should be dropped an inch or two. The wheel wells do make the tires look small. Clear corners, dump the lower valance and side frame guards, grille change, and boom, big difference! It's coming along nicely!
  5. D

Keypad code

Ya'll, this is fun! [/COLOR] This is the quote of the day!! ^^ I haven't laughed this hard in ages :D (I'm not poking fun at anybody, it's just funny to read!) The reset is the original code number, which is not really a reset... It's just that anybody with the original code can open...
  6. D

Is the Big One coming..This Week?

The last three governors of this state have done more damage to California than any quake can do... How many businesses and citizens have left this state in the last 20 years? And if there is a big quake on the San Andreas, we are all screwed. And then to fix the damage and rebuild the homes...
  7. D

Dissed by U-Haul!

Not poking fun, but... Why did you go back? Are they the only company in town? They just don't rent to us... On occasion, some will - don't know how. I take it you really didn't know about this... This has been ongoing for like 15 years.
  8. D

Blacked Out Headlights... Need More Light

Law first... in this case. In just a cursory review of SC State Vehicle Laws and Regulations, you have among (if not) the strictest lighting regulations, and vehicle regulations. A call to the DMV and Local and/or State police would be worth it... You already said you have one tint...
  9. D

Weird Knock on Roof...

That's odd, wow! If you don't have a wind visor/tail over the back hatch, I'd check the screws in the top brake light to make sure they are both in. And check the tail lamp screws to be sure they aren't loose either. Is the sound directly overhead, toward the center, back, left, right or...
  10. D

04 Limited with Audiophile, aftermarket amp +sub

Alright! Good luck with the project... I'm sure you'll get some pretty good responses. Take care!
  11. D

04 Limited with Audiophile, aftermarket amp +sub

Welcome! Not sure about the answer, but here's a link to peek through... 02-05 http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244484&highlight=gain
  12. D

Shakin' up north! Oops! Spoke too soon :D Magnitude 1.0 - NORTHERN CALIFORNIA 2009 May 18 05:05:04 UTC * Details * Maps * Scientific & Technical Where can I find...? Earthquake Details Magnitude 1.0 Date-Time * Monday, May 18, 2009 at 05:05:04 UTC *...
  13. D

Yup, the Bay Area's bridges are scary enough... Now the governor can ask for $23 billion in Federal Emergency assistance :p:
  14. D

It's because it's in Los Angeles proper... Not usually that strong there. Normally, strong ones, they're in the San Fernando Valley or the Bay Area up north...
  15. D

I heard that too! Haaaaaaaaaahhahaa! :)
  16. D

Pretty strong in Irvine... relatively speaking. Mild rolling motion. Saying 5.0 again, USGS. Oh well, sleep with your shoes on :)
  17. D

Out of the jacuzzi! :D Now they are saying on Ch 9 it's a 4.7. Precursor?
  18. D

5.0 Los Angeles Magnitude 5.0 - GREATER LOS ANGELES AREA, CALIFORNIA 2009 May 18 03:39:36 UTC * Details * Maps * Scientific & Technical * Additional Info Where can I find...? Earthquake Details Magnitude 5.0 Date-Time * Monday, May 18, 2009 at 03:39:36 UTC * Sunday...
  19. D

so heres what my problem is

Same thing My 03 is doing this now! The battery won't hold a charge... And the culprit? An amp that shows no ground with the tester. :rolleyes: This would be my fault... One screw holding it down wasn't tight... the amp is :dead: With my driving, it got beat up. I'll swap it tomoro... Any...
  20. D

so heres what my problem is

Are the dome lights dim? How old is the battery? Is that rust on the negative post? If you get a new battery, you should pick up one of these too... (with a 100ft ext cord). That's what the 01 Sport was doing, so I charged it with the 35 Amp, but it burned out again. So I hit with the...
  21. D

Anyone know where this goes?

Hard to see, but it looks like this here... That thin tube at the edge of the shadows, center of the pic... Without the vehicle up on a rack, it's not clear where it comes from or where it ends...
  22. D

Help!!!

It sounds like you need to have it checked to see if any codes are stored. Just curious, why did you have to replace the alternator?
  23. D

air bag sensor 03 explorer

ttt Welcome! :) They should be located just under the center bar within the gray, rubber (parenthetical) circle here...
  24. D

What is this piece called, and where could I get it?

I can't, don't know anything about that area of the vehicle. I like dogs, but next time... :) Somebody will be along shortly... Good luck!
  25. D

OEM Explorer Radio

Could that mysterious "illumination" orange wire have anything to do with it?
Back