Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Navigation dvd

I just received an "Official Notification" from Ford and/or Navteq which offered me the latest "2013" map update for my 2009 Explorer. I'm not sure which version it is offering me, but the deal here is $199 for the dvd, and free shipping. My original dvd from 2009 which came with the car...
  2. J

Running Boards

I hope no one minds continuing this thread, but I need some advice on my power running boards. My '09 Limited has them and I actually use them for their intended purposes. The problem recently developed where the driver's side doesn't seem to like cold weather. During the winter months, it...
  3. J

Towing Capabilities

Lots of information here regarding the new Explorer. But, I haven't read any information regarding what the towing limits will be? I bought my '09 Limited, V-8 because I need to tow my classic car around to shows. I need 7,000 towing limits and don't want an F-150. I had a suspicion that...
  4. J

Reverse Sensing System

Another question regarding my new '08 EB. I really wanted the factory reverse sensing system, but my leftover '08 didn't come with it. I've seen how the factory system works through the rear bumper without any holes at all for the sensors. My question.....can the factory system be ordered...
  5. J

Front License Plate Bracket

I just bought my '08 EB which came from a dealer in Virginia, which uses front license plates. Here in Pennsylvania, we don't use front plates. Is there any way of removing the front plate molded plastic license plate holder without doing any damage to the front bumper? My local Ford...
  6. J

Any Feedback on '09 Explorers???

I had been eagerly awaiting the arrival of '09 Explorers after I decided to replace my '95 XLT. Unfortunately, I was disappointed when I got a hold of the new '09 Explorer brochure. The changes for '09 were limited to a Sirius Travel Link upgrade to the navigation and the addition of an...
  7. J

Just got a new Explorer

I also just picked up my new '08 Eddie Bauer Explorer which replaces my '95 XLT. Great pricing at dealer cost, PLUS 0% financing for 72, count 'em, 72 months! Awesome vehicle!
  8. J

Release Date for 2009 Explorers

I have been considering trading in my '95 XLT for a new Eddie Bauer. After reading about some new options and features coming for '09 model year, (Sirius Travel, Trailer Stability Control, Rearview mirror blindspot eliminator) I'm getting eager to make the purchase. Besides, with the Explorer...
  9. J

Power Rear Door Lock

Just wanted to update my original post. I had my Explorer in for the oil change and asked them to look at the rear door lock actuator that they had replaced in January. Well, I got it back today and they said the Ford Dealer that supplied the original actuator replaced it for free. My...
  10. J

Power Rear Door Lock

I appreciate the lead. I'm due for my next oil change in the next month or so and will mention the wires leading back to the locking mechanism. We'll see if that's the ticket. Thanks!
  11. J

Power Rear Door Lock

I've been having some trouble with the passenger side rear door lock. After searching here without success, I have to open this new thread. When I bought my '95 XLT last December, the passenger side rear door lock did not work when I used the remote fob or when I used the power lock...
  12. J

Help Me With My Abs Please

Awesome. That thread had just what I needed. Many thanks.
  13. J

Brake and ABS problem.

Wow! What a great Forum. Just the info I was looking for. At least I have some concrete info when I approach my dealer's service department. Thank you all.
  14. J

Help Me With My Abs Please

Help with ABS Just doing some follow-up on this thread. My '95 XLT is doing the EXACT same thing......ABS is being activated during the last 5 yards of a complete stop. Did Simon ever get a confirmation that it was the brake dust coating the ABS sensor that was causing the problem. Just...
Back